Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hey everyone!
This week was a wet week for us here in Otavalo. It looks like the winter weather is finally gettin here. Rainy season here just above the equator is supposedly from dec.- march. but its just now getting to us. It has rained almost every day this week. The first day it rained, we definitely not prepared for it. Short sleeved shirts and not jackets, needless to say we got soaked up in Topo Grande, the highest community up in my sector. And even more, we were at the house of the Guaján family, they live in the very last house up on the mountainside! haha. Well, we learned our lesson. We ran down the hillside to the catholic church as fast as we could. Hidden in the arched doorway we called our bishop to come and save us in his car. He brought us back down to the house, let us change (and I had to change down to my sock, everything was wet) then he took us down to his house to have hot chocolate! haha. The days thereafter we kept our rain jackets with us, and they sure came in handy. We had a couple of close calls of falling down face first trying to go down the mountainside in the rain, but all is well.
Tomorrow we are hoping very very much that it doesn't rain. We have a special plaza presentation here in our sector. The mission has printed paintings from the church about 5 feet by 3 feet that have special questions on them. We place these big paintings on special stands and go to parks to share the gospel with others and help them to better get to know "the Mormons". Its a great activity that has been able to bring alot of success to the sectors where they do it. So tomorrow afternoon after lunch, all of the missionaries from the zone are coming to so the presentation. I will take pictures to send home next week. Pray with us that it doesn't rain from 3-5 tomorrow afternoon! haha.And pray for us that we can find those who are prepared to receive this message.
I got a couple of letter and pictures this week of Mark and Kyle! WOW. How time flies by. They both look pretty much the same, just a little bit older. I cant believe that they are already home. Before to long I´ll be seeing all the family as well. Lately I got to thinking about it, and I self analyzed myself and I decided I'm not that weird now. Those who remember how Jared and Zach were when they got home know what I'm talking about, no offense Jared and Zach. But yesterday on the bus I had an experience that proved me wrong. While on the bus on the way back to our sector from a meeting we had, a couple of north American girls got on the bus and sat across the isle from my companion and I. My companion nudged me and asked in spanish, where they were from. they were speaking in english but had a Canadian accent, so I told him they were most likely from Canada. Then he told me to ask them were were from. An innocent question right? Right. But as I opened my mouth to politely ask them where they were from, nothing came out! I began to shake a little and my mind went blank. I'm not sure if it were because I cant really speak english well, or the fact that they were girls, but I froze! So I'm feeling a little down about my lack of social skills with those that speak english. haha. But I'm going to get better, if not, oh well I can be weird for a while. So I guess those are my fun stories for this week. I hope everything is well back home and that the weather continues to warm up. Love you all. Someone give Mark and Kyle a big hug for me, them punch em both in the arm!
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment