Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, July 19, 2010

Hey family!
This week was a good week. It was another rollercoaster week, but at least my health is good. Im all better, no fever, no parasites. We had a few challenges with some of the investigators that had plans on getting baptised. They will have to wait a little bit longer to be able to be ready for baptism. Two great things though. One, Last week while in Quito for leaders council, I was able to talk with the missionaries that are in my second sector, San Carlos/Santa Anita, and so I asked them how my converts are doing there, well, Fernando Barrigas, his wife and their two little boys are going to the Temple in Guyaquil next month to get sealed as a family! I still remember clearly the day they got baptised, now they are going to the temple as a family. It fills me with a complete and infinite joy, I cannot explain the feelings in me. And I just remember and think how I was simply an instrument in the Lord´s hands. The other good news, a few months ago in Cotacachi I mentioned in a letter about teaching a family up on the mountainside in the night under the stars, translating everything in Quichwa, WELL.... they are getting baptised this saturday! I would have loved to be present at the baptism. Now comes the sad news, I can´t make it to their baptism, because I got transferred today. I am now in Northern Quito. My sector has the equatorial line running right through the middle of it. Its an interesting area, the climate is much like a desert in fact. It reminds me ALOT of Mesquite Nevada. It was sad to have to leave Otavalo this morning, but I know that if the Lord wants me here, that's what I´ve got to do. There is some reason that I´m here. I love it here in the mission. Thank you Zach for your words in the letter last week. I'm so very excited for everyone back home. So many new things happening. I'm going to be the only single person in the family. Thats really odd. The pressure is on now. I'm in no real hurry though. I have got to apply for BYU I in the next little bit. Lots of crazy new changes coming up in life. I got my itinerary this week from the mission offices. I fly out of Quito October 21st at 6:15 AM, arrive in SLC that same day at about 8 PM. I think thats it, I will have to check for sure when we get back at the house. Like always, many mixed feelings about going home. But I know its just another "transfer" that I have to accept and search for the next lesson to learn from it.
I love you all so very much and am so grateful for the wonderful family that I have been blessed with. Zach and Julie, best of wishes. I'm happy for both of you, I was proud as can be getting the invitation this week, I showed everyone how my brother is going to get married in the temple, mostly I showed them because they all said how much better looking I am than you, but... haha. Love you all. Have a great week!
Elder Matthew Morris

The picture attached is of me roasting smores after the zone leader council here in Quito last week.
Totally forgot to even mention my new companion in the other letter. We are actually in a trip for right now, the missionary that I am replacing is Elder Harding from Virginia, he goes home on thursday, so he is just the third wheel for a couple more days, but my real companion is Elder Estrada, he is from Colombia! Finally! I have been wanting a Colombian companion ever since I got here. He is a great missionary. I knew him before in the mission. We are the zone leaders here in Zona Ofelia. There are a couple of challenges with some missionaries in the zone, but we are both excited to be here and to work together to help out the zone and this stake where we serve. The picture that I added on here was taken during the smore roast last week. Elder Estrada is on the far left, then comes my best friend in the mission, Elder Morales (he is also the new Assistant to President) and then my-handsome-self, and then Elder Duarte, my other best bud that is also from Colombia.
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment