Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, January 12, 2009

Hello Family,

So i have to start out by telling you all how much i loath computers! I just had a big old letter written out on here and now its gone, just gone. This seems to happen about every week to me. oh well. I had a couple fun expericences this week. On saturday us missionaries had a youth activity at the church and just before the activity another elder and i ran down the street a couple blocks to use some phones to call a few more members to remind them about the activity. as we truned one of the corners a bus stopped be hind us and some people got off. I had my back turned to them and all of the sudden i was surrounded! There were 6 kids ages 6-12 hugging me and yelling ¨Elder Morshis!¨ it was a group of member kids comming from the other end of town to go to the activity. When they saw that i wasnt looking they came from behind and suprised me. It was a big old confidence boost! Also earlier this week we were at a recently baptised family´s house giving a quick lesson. We read out of the scriptures and were going around one by one baring testimonies and then each one would look at the pictureof christ we had and would say to him as if he was there with us just whatever they wanted to say. Most of them said things like thank you for my family, the church, things like that. Then the mother went very last, but after her, the littlest boy who is only about 2 or 3 said ¨a mi, a mi¨ (my turn) and so the mom held the picture for him. He looked at the picture, got a big smile on his face, looked and us, then back at the picture again and simply said ¨Te Amo¨ (i love you), then leaned forward and kissed the picture. I couldnt help it, i cried. It was a very special moment and i sure learned a lesson. It was a perfect example of why Christ has always taught that we must become as a child to inherit th kingdom of God.

We got a couple of references this week to new families to teach. Both of the families are golden, I am really excited to get teaching them more. We have left some reading assignments with them and they are actually following through on their assignments. We have FHE with one of them tonight and we are planning on watching the testaments and reading from 3 nephi of when christ came.

A for our companionship, my patience is getting thinner with my companion. I am trying hared each day to try to be on time to all of our appointments and things but its rough sometimes. He enjoys being with member families and his girlyfriends family too much that it is really cutting into our teaching and effectiveness. We waist alot of time and its really getting to me. I have had a few talks with him about and hopefully it will start to change. As of wednesday i will have made it through my first transfer in the mission. So my companion may just get transferred this week, who knows. I will just have to wait to see. Dont worry about me, its just making me learn and grow stronger and faster.

As for thigns from home, i talked to the zone leaders and if you send anything that weighs more the 4.4 lbs it gets a green sticker and when it gets into ecuador it goes to mail jail, and i have to pay an extra 15-25 dollars to get it out, and the process has at times taken up to 7 months for elders. So if you send something under 4.4 lbs it gets a white sticker and goes to the mission home and they get it to me usually 1-2 months is the wait. So remeber not to go over 4.4 lbs on anything and send it to this address:

Elder Morris

Misión Ecuador Quito

Casilla 17-03-078

Robles 640 y Ave. Amazonas

Quito Ecuador

I got the letter from Jared and Krysten last week. Just to be clear on things you two, my dog is NOT for sale and neither are my guns! thank you, now i can sleep better. Thanks for that christmas card though that was nice to get. I am glad to hear that Caleb is doing well. I was a bit worried about him. Hopefully it will kepp getting better. Mary told me about taking him to Cabelas this week. I dont know if it was the thought of Cabelas again or the thought of caleb saying ¨fish¨but i teared up! I miss that little guy. One idea if anyone does send anything, send some postcards of the mauntains and stuff back home. I saw a book the other day at a members home that had a picture of the tetons as the cover! it was pretty neat.

Well im out of time but i love you all and thank you for everything!

Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment