Hola Familia!
Well at transfers last week Elder Castro got exchanged! He got sent to Santo Domingo over on the coast. The Elder that was there came here. Elder McGary from Kennewick Washington. And yes he is a first cousin of the McGary´s in Burton. His aunt is an office lady at the MHS and I graduated with one of his cousins! What a small world! So we are doing very good together. He is one for obeying rules and using time wisely. We didnt really get alot done last week because he had to go back to Quito for a couple of days for a District Leader training meeting, this week will probably about as slow because we have to travel to Otavalo for a couple of days for Zone Conference. Its really rare that two gringos get put together in this mission, but President figured he was the best for the situation.
The past week it has been fairly cold. It hasnt been real sunny at all and it has rained alot. One quick story about that. So when it rains the roads just fill up with water. So the other day we were walking to lunch on the sidewalk and I was pondering in my head about the fact of getting splashed by cars. And I thought, i havent been splashed in the time i have been here, maybe i can make it the WHOLE mission without getting splashed! And not 5 minutes later a dumptruck was comming down the road towards us at a fast pace. I didnt even think about it. i was RIGHT next to a big puddle. Well my reactions were surely not quick enough. So that night I put my clothes in the laundry basket to get washed.
It sounds like everyone is doing very well back home. And i just cant tell everyone enough how glad I am everyone waited till AFTER I got into the mission field to start having kids! That is just so nice. Well I guess the little bums will meet me when I get home. So ya Laura and Chance, Zach and Dad spilled the beans already, I know there´s a baby on the way. Dad said due date is sept 1st. So you better hope it doesnt come on the 3rd, I dont want anyone stealing my thunder!
As far as the work here, last week seemed to me like a episode of Good Investigators Gone Bad! We tried setting up a couple appointments and also simply visiting a few. For some reason people think we cant see through windows on doors or something. They try the whole be sneaky thing and act like they arent at home, then we wait long anough they finally come and then they lie about whose there. Oh well. We still have a few doing good, and we will keep working with all of them. We got a couple more references from a lady in the branch this week. In two weeks time she has given us like 5 differtent references. Its members like that that really halp us out and help the church progress!
As for the pictures I sent home. Yes the chicken head and feet are eaten here, not cooked for flavoring in soup. Its really quite a delicacy to have the feet. Im not such a fan though. We had a lunch the other day the was rice with some cow stomache. Ya youre right, it wasnt good. But stuf like that isnt really popular. More often than not its just soup, some rice and normal parts of chicken! Well I gotta get going but thanks for everything. I always enjoy hearing from home and getting news about stuff. Im doing well. No worries here. Be safe, do whats right!
Elder Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment