Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, February 16, 2009

Hello Everyone!
I am doing well down here. I have a bit of a cold, it has been raining for 2 days nonstop. So its been pretty cold with all the rain and clouds, like 60 degrees! BRRRRR! haha. I have been doing good though. My comp and I had a little.... confrentation, sunday afternoon. He just doesnt really have much patience and he said a few things to me heavy on the sarcasm so I finally told him to get some patience and help out in the companionship. Needless to say there hasnt been a whole lot of talking in between us. BUT he is changing little things, little favors and such. So no worries there. I just figure little by little he will learn to live with me. I dont think I could have delt with all of thie before the mission. I cant beleive how much patience I have gained from being out here. We went bowling today for p-day, there was 8 of us elders there. It was fun, $3 for unlimited bowling, pool, and pingpong.
The main problem with our two sectors is that the sacrament meetings for the two start at the same time, so we are having to juggle them around quite a bit. But we went to the sacrament meeting of the ward on the hill side, Santa Anita, and we got like 5 family references from members. That was really good. We may have 3 baptisms in the next week or to, just waiting for the couple to get married! haha, The lady is Edit and she is living with a member and they have two little boys, her husband was baptised like 20 years ago but they cant find his name on the records, so when the two of them get the judges signature and get married we will baptise the two of them and the younger brother of the wife. He lives with his sisters family and just a week or so ago he started listening to the lessons and he is enjoying it! So that´ll be good. So the work here is moving alot, its a bit slow, the elders that were here before didnt leave us with really any investigators or anything but oh well! Its getting better day by day.
I havent been bitten by any dogs yet. So on the buses down here, every couple of blocks people get on to sell little things, they start out by giving their little speach in the front of everyone, they they will hand out what ever they have to sell, then go passed everyone again to either collect money of the product, or collect the product. So today a guy got on the bus and started talking all about the Love of God and was quoting a bunch of scriptures, then we walked around handing out a little scripted prayer for everyone to give thanks to God. When he got to me he got a different look on his face as he saw my nametag. Then he said (in spanish) ,So Elder, you know who José Smith was?! and of course I answered yes, then he rambled off a bunch of insults at me and about the church and Joseph Smith. I just smiled at him and when he was done I told him have a nice day. Then afterwards I was thinking about it and the thought came to my mind, does he think that those insults to me and my church demonstrate at all that Love of God that he was preaching to everyone? That is one thing about being here in the big city of Quito, the people are not as accepting and nice. Making contacs is really hard because there are hardly any real houses here. almost all are appartment buildings, alot of them in gated communities that we arent allowed into, but those that are in the road are nearly impossible to contact at. All of them are gated in so you have to ring a buzzer on the road where they ask by intercom who it is. When you say the missonaries, they sometimes just dont answer back. So we work mostly off of references. But its all good. I am really enjopying it here and learning TONS!
Hope all is well back home. I am loving it here. oh and by the way, 2 more weeks and im at the 6 month mark! aahhhhh! Time is FLYING by! Love you all! Be safe on the winter roads and all.
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment