Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, February 23, 2009

Hello Family! Well another week has gone by. The time flies by here. Im doing really good here. We spent the morning today cleaning the appartment. Our appartment is the mission hotel. Every time missionaries come to the mission or are going home or are in quito for meetings, they stay at our house. So tomorrow there is a group of new elders comming, 21 in total so we cleaned the house really good this morning so that the president is happy with us when he brings the newbies over. My comp slept in till about 8.30 so i got most of the stuff done by the time he got up, but he helped out alot anyways. We had a talk last night, we went throughout the day at church and everything without him saying a word to me so finally i just had it and just asked him why he cant talk to me. He simply answered by telling me it is just how he is, he cant change it. He doesnt have anything interesting to talk to me about so hes not gonna talk to me. So really im not quite sure what to do. Im just gonna keep plugging along until it gets worked out or something. Dont worry about me though, im keeping my spirits up and working and studying hard. We are hurting a bit in the area as far as investigators goes. The members have not given any references since we got here and door contacts are not working. We have a few investigators that we are working with that were listening to the missionaries before, but they arent really progressing much. I just hope that the members start helping out a little more with references.
The weather has been better this week. It is Carnival right now, basically a week long holiday where everyone throws water, flour, eggs, silly string stuff, all on each other. Im not quite sure what else they do but ya. So today and tomorrow we have to stay the evenings in the appartment to avoid everything. I dont really have much to say this week, not much has happened. I read through all of the book of mosiah the last couple of days. WOW! That is a great book. King Benjamin was the man. Everytime i read through the book of mormon I ALWAYS pick up and understand more! It is such a true promise that no matter how many times you have read through the book of mormon, the spirit will ALWAYS teach you new truths that you had not seen before. The more i learn and read the more my testimony becomes unshakeable. I have no doubt that the book of mormon is true, it is the word of god. Everyday I just sit and think why on earth i have been so blessed. I have the greatest family in the world, the best friends i could ever wish for, and most of all i have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. What more could i ask for? I just hope that everyone of you back home knows how much i love this gospel and how much i love my mission, difficult or not this passed almost five months has changed my life. I never realized before the mission just how much I could learn and grow. I love it out here. Dont anybody worry about me. Be safe! Choose The Right!
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment