Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hey Family!Sorry im a day late on this letter. This weekend has been busy for us. President Sloan has spent the weekend here in Esmeraldas with his family!They hada weekend on the beach! haha, and so they came to church at my ward sunday (STRESSFUL). I was worried we would have some wierd member give a talk or something but it all turned out well. And also the asistants to the president have been here staying in our itty bitty apartment and doing divisions with us. I got to go and do a few visits with Elder Olaveson, asistant to the president, he is from Rigby! We met at a school dance in high school. It was alot of fun cuz im in what was his first sector. And we got to talk alot about sports and all the fun stuff back home. And yesterday we didnt end up having time to write so here I am today. We had interviews with president Sloan this morning and will have Zone conference here tomorrow! Wahoo! Zone conference is always a big boost.
I have had some great experiences lately. I know its an answer to my prayers for the little hard things that I was passing as well. The past week I have found a HUGE love for the scriptures, and such gratitude for the things I had learned in seminary and sunday school throughout the years. The scripture that says not to think beforehand of what to say, because the word will be given to us in the precise moment, is 100% true! I have not a doubt about it. I cant even explain how the spirit truely forms us and speaks through us to give hope to people. One of the things that I have really learmed is that we need to be always lookingfor ways to feel the love of God in our own lives, and help others to feel it as well. We dont need to just feel the spirit, feel encouraged, but truely feel the Love of God. It is a feeling like no other. I cannot explain it. Every one of you back home, make the goal to at least feel it once a week. I try to find a way top feel it every day here. Do whatever you need to do, pray, fast, read the scriptures, truely ask God for help, courage, and knowledge of his love. I promise you wont end you efforts discouraged.
I thank each and every one of you, my family for always writing me and supporting me, the next best feeling to the Love of God, HAS to be the love of one´s family! It makes me happy and helps my desires here when i hear from home and hear that all is well. And it makes me feel good to know that you are also passing trials, that shows that God trusts you, and wants to strengthen you. I love you all so much and love hearing from you! Thank you.
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment