Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, July 27, 2009

Hey family!
Well this week was a good week. On wednesday morning we did a service project for a widow lady in our ward. We hand mixed and poured a concrete patio in front of her house. There was six of us elders there, i was the only one that knew anything about construction, so basically the other five watched as i did all of the stuff. But i loved it! I didnt want to go home, but we ran out ofcement to mix so we had to stop. I got back to the house with 6 blisters on my right hand and 3 big ones on my left hand, and I about couldnt walk the next day or two, but i loved it! One of our investigators was pregnant and she had her baby saturday night, we are going to go visit her tonight at the hospital. She is an investigator I will NEVER forget! Ever since we contacted her she has amazed me. She is progressing so much, and would probably get baptised tomorrow if we asked her to, the opnly bad thing is, that she is not married. So our goal right now is to get her married with her ´husband´. I will probably send a few photos of the baby in my letter next week. My comp and I are doing good here in Esmeraldas. The other day we were helping out in one of the other sectors with a few companionships. We devided the sector into different sections, then went out to our assigned area and contacted as much as we could, to help that companionship get more references. After about 2 1/2 hours of door after door, my comp asked me if I ever get tired! and that he wanted a bottle of water and to rest a few minutes. It made me laugh, so we took a little rest and then finished up the rest of our assigned area. That is one thing I have felt really good about being here in Esmeraldas, we have been working HARD. from the morning, till night. And I sleep like a ROCK! I love it here. I wouldnt want to be anywhere else! I hope that all is going well back home for everyone! The other day was pioneer day, it made me think about the rodeos back home. That reminds me of a thought i had a couple of weeks ago. Some of the worst smells that there are: horse poop, human BO, beer, cigarette smoke, diesel exhaust. Put them all together and you have one of the funnest memory making experiences, the county fair! Love you all! Hope to hear from you soon!
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment