Hey Everyone!
We had a good week here this week. A few little stumbling blocks here and there, but everything is well. We went around the Plaza de Poncho this morning here in Otavalo. Its just a BIG park that fills up with Indigenous Artwork to sell. From knit wool slippers, to wood carvings. I bought a few little paintings that I saw last week. We were supposed to have interviews with President Sloan last friday, but all of the highways were shut off enterring and leaving Otavalo. The Indigenous were rioting against the new water laws here in Ecuador. So basically we were all isolated here in Otavalo all week, any time we had meetings among the missionaries here in the zone, we had to bacsically walk to the chappels. But all is well now, they got their issues somewhat worked out for now. Tomorrow at noon we have interviews. Im excited, it´s always a great experience getting to talk with President Sloan.
This morning my companion and I got up a bit early to go running. Well to tell the truth it was NOT my idea. haha. But so we got up and went running for 20 monutes around Cotacachi, we got some real funny looks from some of the locals there. My companion says he doesn´t want me to finish the mission fat so we have to go running now. I´m fine with it though. It will be good for us, everyday at 6 we will get up to go running for a half an hour or so. Good excercise. I held up good running this morning, 20 minutes without having to stop to take a breath.
I dont really have anything interesting to say this week. The only big news, Luis Alberto Quinchiguango, the guy I baptised in the lake, well his wife is pregnant and the baby will probably be born today. Its a little boy. We havent heard from them yet, but we are going to pass by the house tonight to see if they are there, if he isn´t born yet, he should be born by tomorrow evening. Its pretty exciting, I wish you all could meet this family. So very humble, but they have so much faith. Almost everytime we see Luis Alberto, he asks us when he can get the Preisthood, that he so badly wants to be able to give blessings to his wife, and his little boy when he is born. In these days preparing for the little baby boy Luis Alberto has told us he is really nervous, but excited to fianally be a Father. He will be a great dad I´m sure.
Well I hope everyone had a great week this week and that all is well with everyone back home. LOUA LOUA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Of course I´m not going to forget! I love you all. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment