Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, May 31, 2010

Hey everyone
Well this week flew by, just like usual. We had some neat experiences this week. I'm doing really well here. Still in good old Cotacachi. Changes are next sunday, I think that I will stay here another 6 weeks, but who knows. I really enjoy it here, but I could use a change of sector. 6 months of going up the same mountainside kinda wears you out. My companion and I are doing really well here. Probably the best thing that happened to us this week was our very last lesson last night. Just before coming to the house to finish up the night we passed by a house that we had contacted about 2 weeks ago. We had been back since we contacted the younger couple, but they were never home. But last night we found them there. The husband was a little drunk so he let us right in when we got there. They had us sit down and they sat to listen to us. After a few minutes the husband got a headache and went to lay down. But the wife stayed interested. She began to ask how we baptise in the church, how we do marriages, a so forth. Well, any missionary would love to answer these questions, they are just begging for answers about the restoration. So we explained about the restoration, about the baptism of Christ, etc. But when we got to the part about eternal marriage. When we asked her about the words that were said when she got married, she realized, she didn't want death to separate them, they have 2 little boys. And we taught her that families can be together forever. Her eyes got lit up, and she became very interested then. It was just a nice reminder to us of what we are really here to do.Help families make it to the temple. We are really excited for this next family, that so eagerly asked us to come back again Tuesday. There are alot of days out here that are just really hard, from one house to another of people offending us and denying us, but when we find those chosen families, it makes it all worth it. So all in all we had a good week here. We have an appointment tonight with an investigator (golden). His cousins are members, but he has never heard from the missionaries. So we got to go and teach him. Ever since the first visit he is progressing and loving the book of mormon. I am just loving being here on the mission. I am starting to have dreams about home though. This morning I woke up at about 5:30 about to cry. I dreamed that I was getting off the airplane, and ....... NOONE was there waiting for me. So I got myself home somehow, walked in the front door and everyone looked at me kinda shocked, but unexcitedly. Then instead of giving me so much as a hug or a hello, Dad told me to get changed and go look for a job. I was quite taken back. haha, oh well. Just gotta enjoy the time I have left. Tomorrow i hit my 20 month mark. Time is flying by, but there's still alot of time left to work. Love you all. I will try to get a video sent home in another letter here in a couple of minutes. Love you all.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment