Hey everyone,
How is everyone doing? Thank you all for your letters. I'm glad to hear that everyone is fine and happy. Sounds like the weather isn´t very warm now. I wish I could say the same thing about the weather here. Always pretty hot. Oh well, I'm in Ecuador, and my sector is literally on the equator, what more can you expect but sunny dry days?
This week was a good week for us. This evening we are going on divisions so that our district leader can do some baptismal interviews for us. Everyone seems to keep telling me to keep working hard and doing what I need to do, no worries. I know why I'm here, and I love it here. I'm certainly not going to waste any time that Ϩhave left. The best part of this week was saturday evening. We got a phone call on our cell phone, I answered, it was Elder Warr who is currently serving in Cotacachi. Well, if you will remember, back in March-ish I wrote about a lesson we had on the volcano side, in the dark, teaching and translating into Kichwa for a family, well they got baptised this week. So Elder Warr called me to congratulate me. It sure cheered me up to hear that. One day while working on a stone job at the base of the R mountain, as I returned after lunch break I found Zach laying stone on my part of the wall. Well, I wasn´t very happy and I think I kinda lost my temper about it, Zach smiled and just said "get used to it bud, in the mission you will plant a lot of seeds, but you wont get to finish the job or harvest the fruit." Well to be honest, in that moment I didn´t want to hear his parables, and I think it just irritated me more! haha, but now I better understand what he was saying. It has happened to me a number of times now here in the mission field, but either way, whether I'm there or not, I'm just happy those people continued listening, and decided to do whats right.
I wish I could tell you all of my stories in my letters, but I don´t have the apt words to describe my feelings for this work. I absolutely love it. I will have a lot of photos and a lot of stories to tell once I'm home. I love you all, thank you so very much for your letters. I cant wait to see you all again, and to meet some of the additions to the family!
Elder Matthew Morris
One last thing that I forgot to write. This week I received by email my acceptance letter to BYU-I! I'M GOING TO COLLEGE! haha, I will get assigned to a track in the next 3 weeks. Pray that I make it for winter/spring. love you all!
Elder Morris
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment