Hey everyone!
Well this week I completed 10 months out here. I don't know what happened to July, I could have sworn it just started! All of the sudden I looked at my watch and it said the 1st! So today is the third! One month before my birthday. I think that everyone in the family will realize how old we are when baby matty turns 20!!! AHHH!! Where did the time go? The days, weeks, and months just go by quicker and quicker. One funny thought for this week. This will only be funny for those who have seen the Saturday Night Live best of Will Farrel DVD. This week we were walking down the street to an appointment, and as usual there were people sitting in front of their houses blasting their stereos, and as we were walking past one of them, the song made me laugh out loud. It was a latin song, but one of the instruments was a cowbell! Just like in the Blue Oyster Cult song! And they were hitting the cowbell hard in that song. I thought it was really funny.
Next week a group of new missionaries arrive in the mission, so there will probably be alot of changes made. I'm not sure yet if I will stay or go. This week I complete 4 months in Esmeraldas. I have loved it here, and I wouldn't mind staying another 2 months. I still feel really new here in the mission. I have alot of buddies I have made here, that are going home next week. And every time I meet an elder it seems like they all have less time in the mission than me, so that reminds me how fast the time has gone by.
I cant describe how much I love it here in Ecuador. How much I love my mission. I have grown to love the scriptures sooo much! I wish I would have had this love and understanding for the scriptures before the mission, in seminary and all. I have been reading alot of Doctrine and Covenants lately, wow, that book is loaded with good stuff! Every time I read it makes me reflect alot. I am excited to continue to learn and grown spiritually. I hope to take advantage of the rest of my time out here to always do my best. I love you all! Keep doing whats right. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us and is ready to bless us, we just have to do our part! Hope to hear from you all soon.
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, August 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment