Hey everyone,
I think this week was the first time in the mission that I was glad for monday to get here. We had a good week this week, it just wore me out for some reason. I have been taking ibuprofen just to be able to sleep at night. I have decided that the mission, reason is not something easy. But this is the best time I have have spent in my life. I cannot beleive that im almost half way done. The time has FLOWN by! Its good to hear that Mark and Kyle are doing so well. They really will be home in no time! General conference is just around the corner! WAHOO!! I love general conference now. I assume that next monday I will be in bus going to my new sector. I have been here in Esmeraldas a good time now, and transfers are just around the corner. One of the assistants to the president is from rigby, we actually met at a high school dance before the mission, but anyways, I told him where I would like to get sent, so we will see how it works out for me.
Yesterday was an eventful day for us. I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting AGAIN, only this time they let me know a couple of days in advance. I enjoy giving talks now in fact. But during priesthood meeting, one of the members had a seizure. He used to be a bishop here, one of the most humble and faithful members I have met. About 5 years ago he had a brain anurism and to this day cant talk much at all. Yesterday during the lesson he had basically a seizure. It got everone pretty scared, I was trying to calm them all down, it worked somewhat. So we carried him out of the chappel and waved down a taxi as quick as we could and they took him to the hospital! It really puts into prospective the importance of being prepared. He is married with five little kids. After all of the comotion we also went to the hospital and when we got ther he was awake again with some IVs. He should be back in the house by now. One of those crazy moments that catches you off gaurd eh?!
The good news of this week, we had a baptism. The hermanas also had a baptism, I got to baptise their 3 converts as well as ours. Having as much time as I have here, I have gotten to know the most part of the investigators and members in the other sectors as well. It was a great experience. The pictures im sending home, are 1st- our disctrict here. 2nd- My companion our convert, David, and I. 3rd- The converts from the hermanas. 4th- At the baptism, converts, their family, and us the missionaries! I hope you all anjoy the pictures! I hope all is going well for everyone back home as well. Love you all! Especially those little nephews and neice of mine!!!!!
Elder Matthew David Morris
I think this week was the first time in the mission that I was glad for monday to get here. We had a good week this week, it just wore me out for some reason. I have been taking ibuprofen just to be able to sleep at night. I have decided that the mission, reason is not something easy. But this is the best time I have have spent in my life. I cannot beleive that im almost half way done. The time has FLOWN by! Its good to hear that Mark and Kyle are doing so well. They really will be home in no time! General conference is just around the corner! WAHOO!! I love general conference now. I assume that next monday I will be in bus going to my new sector. I have been here in Esmeraldas a good time now, and transfers are just around the corner. One of the assistants to the president is from rigby, we actually met at a high school dance before the mission, but anyways, I told him where I would like to get sent, so we will see how it works out for me.
Yesterday was an eventful day for us. I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting AGAIN, only this time they let me know a couple of days in advance. I enjoy giving talks now in fact. But during priesthood meeting, one of the members had a seizure. He used to be a bishop here, one of the most humble and faithful members I have met. About 5 years ago he had a brain anurism and to this day cant talk much at all. Yesterday during the lesson he had basically a seizure. It got everone pretty scared, I was trying to calm them all down, it worked somewhat. So we carried him out of the chappel and waved down a taxi as quick as we could and they took him to the hospital! It really puts into prospective the importance of being prepared. He is married with five little kids. After all of the comotion we also went to the hospital and when we got ther he was awake again with some IVs. He should be back in the house by now. One of those crazy moments that catches you off gaurd eh?!
The good news of this week, we had a baptism. The hermanas also had a baptism, I got to baptise their 3 converts as well as ours. Having as much time as I have here, I have gotten to know the most part of the investigators and members in the other sectors as well. It was a great experience. The pictures im sending home, are 1st- our disctrict here. 2nd- My companion our convert, David, and I. 3rd- The converts from the hermanas. 4th- At the baptism, converts, their family, and us the missionaries! I hope you all anjoy the pictures! I hope all is going well for everyone back home as well. Love you all! Especially those little nephews and neice of mine!!!!!
Elder Matthew David Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment