This week was a wonderful week here! We had the opportunity to go to Quito for the Zone Leader council with President Sloan. I have never been in such a spiritual meeting in all my time on the mission. I left that meeting feeling absolutely GREAT! And then we got to have dinner with President Sloan in his house and after dinner, the doctrinal class. We read over and discussed a talk by Elder Christoferson, ¨a sense of the sacred¨. It is an amazing talk that reminds us of how we at times get lazy about sacred things, without even realizing it. I encourage you all to read it. So anyways, we had a great day Thursday in those meetings. Our zone here in Otavalo is doing very well. We had changes, but I stayed. We got 8 new missionaries here in the zone from other parts of the mission. Some great ones, some that are a bit lax about the work, so we are really excited to have all of them here. If we can pull off what we did here last change all of us will be spiritually stronger at the end of this 6 week change. I'm really excited to still be here. This upcoming week we have on monday, the mini zone conference that my companion and I are in charge of, to be able to talk about the things discussed in our council with President Sloan, then on thrusday and friday we have interviews and the main zone conference! So I am really really excited to be able to have these great moments to learn and grow. And even better, general conference is coming up shortly! Wahoo!!!
Today we went to some waterfalls here in the zone, it was pretty neat, nothing like union falls back home, but it was a fun little activity as a zone for everyone to get to meet who all the new zone members are. Then after the waterfalls we went around the main plaza a little bit, being tourists. We bought a few little souvenirs from some members that have stands. I got some REALLY good deals. So I couldn´t resist. Just passing by some of the leather shops here we went into one. Every time I walk by it I look inside, they sell custom made leather jackets that are yamaha, honda, toyota, etc. themed. And they are beautiful! So I went in to ask how much they cost.... $160. So maybe on one of my return trips I will be getting myself a custom fit yamaha jacket! haha. I'm just doing great here. I'm really enjoying my sector and all the opportunities I have to serve. I don't really have a whole lot to say this week other than that, but I hope that everyone back home is doing well. As always, thank you for the letter and the pictures. You are all the best!
Elder Matthew Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment