Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hey everyone!
We had a great week this week here in the zone! Sadly tomorrow we get changes. I'm hoping that I stay here another change. I bet I will, but I think that Elder Taylor will go back to quito and I will get another companion. Elder Ellis (with the back infection) is doing alright. I haven't heard anything real recently if he is doing better at all, but I know he hasn't gone home yet, so I guess no news in this case does mean good news.
We have a Chilean missionary here in the zone, his name is Elder Vergara, but he is from Santiago, so his family is all alright so far. A couple of days after the earthquake there in Chile there was one here in the south part of my mission. About 3 hours south of Quito, it was a 4.4, but didn't cause any damage at all. I don't imagine that it was put on the news or anything due to the lack of size, but it gave a good little scare to alot of the people here after hearing about what happened in Chile. I'm safe here, the only thing that would be bad for us here in Ecuador would be that the volcanoes start erupting. I think that we have some 30 or so here within mission boundaries. But no worries! The Lord is on our side!
I really am loving it here though. Today we had a special zone activity to congratulate our missionaries. in the last two weeks here we have had a total of 18 baptisms between the two stakes that we cover. The stone is truly rolling forth! So today we went to a little community park area and we played frisbee, basketball, pass arounded a couple of footballs. While everyone was playing I became the chef. I had promised them all a real Gringo Hamburger. So we had a big grill with burgers, corn on the cob, watermelon and lemonade! It made me think alot about 4th of july lunches back home! It was alot of fun for us all.
I'm happy and healthy, I guess that´s all that really matters. I am safe down here, nobody should be worrying at all. I hope that everyone back home remembered that Magnum´s birthday was on the 3rd. He turned 8. If you didn't remember and buy him a cake, its never to late to repent. But remember, an essential part of repentance is the restitution, so I will be expecting some pictures of a very happy and fat black dog next week! haha. Well I love you all! Keep reading the scriptures daily, go to church every week, they are such simple things, but they truly bring security to our souls. Read the talk from Elder Holland from last falls conference, ´security for the soul´ its a great talk. Love you all! See you all soon.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment