Hello Family!
Well we just got done watching one of the world cup games as a zone. President gave us permission to watch one game on preparation day to let us enjoy a little bit of the world cup. We watched the Italy and Paraguay game. They tied 1-1, I was rooting for Italy. Oh well. I had never watched a world cup game, let alone any soccer game, before the mission. But they are interesting. Not quite as fun as the super bowl, but oh well. We finished watching the game and we have pizza delivered. It was pretty fun.
I'm doing well here with my new companion. I enjoy this sector alot. I knew I would miss Cotacachi, and I do ALOT, but I didn't think I would grow to like this new sector as much as I do now. I already knew my way around the sector, having been here doing divisions and interviews before, so its been easy to just get familiarized with investigators houses. The greatest part about this week was that almost everyday of the week we arrived to an appointment and upon arriving there, the people told us with tears in their eyes "thank you for coming Elders! We were waiting for you." Alot of times when an appointment fails on us, and we have to go to plan B or even plan C, it gets frustrating, but its always worth it when we realize, well its because plan C was the one needing us, not plan A. We just after leaving here writing, have an appointment up on the hillside with an family that was investigating the church a few years ago, but the Elders got changed and no one ever came back. We contacted them on wednesday, and when they opened the door to us their eyes lit up`and the mom said "Elders! your back!" A new personal goal of mine is to hear someone say that they were waiting for us, everyday of the week. I'm enjoying it alot here in my sector. I miss Cotacachi very very much, I have bumped into a number of members from Cotacachi in this last week, its great to see them again, even though its only been a week! haha.
While contacting this week up on the hillside in our sector, we stopped in the corner of a soccer field, then looking around us, in one square block from the field we counted 14 stray dogs!!!! YA, the rumors about South America are true. Bob Barker is a revolutionary man in my mind. He has saved the United States from a very sad state of over population. And a very ugly population at that. Some of the crossbreeds here are so wierd. In the group of 14 I saw a Lab-Weinerdog cross, cocker-pitbull cross, and many many more. Well what more can I say. I am loving it here, and we are doing what we need to do.
I am doing very well, my health is good, I think I am actually loosing a little bit of weight too. The volcanoes as far as I know are calmed down a bit, I haven't heard anything new about that. So no worries. All is well in Ecuador! haha. The days are winding down fast. Have a great week everyone! Love you all! Thank you for the letters and all the pictures Mary, and Loua! Love you all.
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment