Hello everyone!
Well this week was a rough one. Issues with the companion continue. BUT saturday was a great day. I have a couple of picture with this e-mail. The one of the group of us in front of the chappel was this saturday. The barrigas family was able to get married friday afternoon, baptised saturday afternoon, and confirmed sunday afternoon! The guy wearing white is the bishop, he baptised the wife and even though im not wearing white yet in the picture, i got to baptise the husband! Its was an awesome day. That night at their house we went over for dinner with them. They gave my companion and i both a HUGE plate of food, while they had a little less than a full portion on theirs. Thats just how the people are here. They will go without just so they can give us alot. This family has gone through so many trial and difficulties lately. The husband is jobless because his boss (brother) hadnt paid him for a couple of weeks. The wife got ill and couldnt walk for a couple of days, the money they had saved up for the lawyer fees to get married was used on doctor bills, then the son got sick, more doctor bills. After all of that we visited them one day and the two little boys were crying asking their mom when they would get to eat. They were out of money, food, and ready to give up. Then the ward pitched in and gather money for them. They received the answer to their prayers, got the papers to get married and they completed their goal. They have already made pland to be sealed in the temple one year from now, and because of the spirit that was felt and the blessings they received, Fernando, the wife´s brother is assisting church and we will put a baptismal date for him this week for hopefully 2 saturdays from now. This family has faith! It was so amazing getting to see them and participate in them being baptised. The other fotos of me and the other gringo missionary were in Tulcan, my last sunday there. The two kids with us are Luz Clarita and Jonathan. Both were baptised 2 weeks after I got transferred. The other fotos are of our p-day yesterday. We went to the middle of the world. It was really pretty cool. The weather has been nothing but sunny skies for about 5 days now. 85-90 and just sunny. My neck got scorched yesterday. I was wearing a normal shirt, so my white collar line was exposed and I didnt think to put sunscreen on the part of my neck. oops. Oh well it was fun. I baught a discman yesterday afternoon at a big market place in quito. It was on trying to find our way back from their that we got a bit lost in the bus system. Once we finally got the right bus we got stuck in traffic and it took a little over an hour to get back to our sector. But Im safe and nothing bad happened at all. Tomorrow we are doing divisions with our zone leaders, I imagine president asked them to do it to see how bad it is in my companionship. Hopefully it turns out well. Tomorrow, the 11th, Mark and Kyle turn 20 and conference weekend they will have completed 1 year, and I will complete 6 months. Its crazy how fast the time goes by. Just the other day we were all little (well i was pretty chubby) and camping up in the slough. Now Jades married with almost his 2nd kid, Tyler is back from his mission, i dont know what hes doing right now but oh well, and mark kyle and I are getting there in our own missions. I hope those two are doing well. Oh i just remembered a story! The other day we were walking down the sidewalk and as I walked passed a dark doorway I saw a small white flash and alot of growling and barking, then I turned and saw the attacker! A white mini poodle came after me, he first went for the left ankle, then the right, then again to left left. But his little jaws were luckily to small to get a hold of any flesh! I make it out without any problems, but he sure was abitious! I have come to the knowledge the I could probably be in a group of a couple hundred people, but if there was an angry dog there, it would instictively come for the missionary gringo first! Trust no dog. Well everyone, I love you and thank you always for the letters. It is always good to hear from everyone! Keep up the faith, winter will soon be over by the sounds of it! Love you.
Elder Matthew Morris
so i couldnt fit all of the pictures on here that i wanted to. i will get some more home soon though! enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment