Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, March 16, 2009

Hello!
This week went by better. We had divisions with our Zone Leaders earlier this week and it went well. I stayed in our sector with Elder Grange from Logan Ut. We got alot done and just had fun. It was a good day. Then on saturday we went on splits with a couple of members. I went with the ward mission leader, who just got home this fall from his mission in Satiango Chile! He was a GOOD missionary. It was alot of fun going and doing visits with him. I leardned alot both days. I think I have gained alot of patience since I got transferred here. I am just to the point that I dont really let things bother me about my companion. Today we were supposed to do a zone activity and go to Cotopaxi, a Volcano a little ways away. Its supposedly the worlds highest volcano. We were gonna climb up to a certain point, take zone pictures then hike back down, but plans fell through. So the four of us in my district that went to the ecuator last week went to Basilica. It is a HUGE cathedral in down town Quito.
I am going to get a couple of CDs of all my pictures made and I will send them home. It was fun. We spent a few hours just at this cathedral. The outside structure reminds me alot of the salt lake temple. BUT the difference is that they have tours go through this place, different stores in it to sell souvenuirs, and a cafe upstairs. And they still use it for all of their services and all. It made me think that they must have forgotten that story in the New Testament of how Jesus had to kick out all of the vendors from the temple. Oh well it was a fun little trip anyways. Alot of history in downtown Quito. This upcomming week we will hopefully be putting goals of some baptismal dates with a few investigators. We were planning on doing it last week but everytime we went by their houses they were either busy or gone. But this week is the week. Oh one funny story about the ecuator trip last week. As we were leaving the little park we were just strolling down the sidewalk and this big group of people were comming up towards us entering the site. As they got to us, the big guys in front pushed us out of their way and told us to move! and so we stood to the side and watched as this group went by. On the outside was alot of big tough guys, behind the group, a bunch of camera crazy people and the center of the group, a bunch of guys with long hair, and tattoos. I figured it was some band but didnt pay much attention to them. So the next day I found out who it was. The rock band from the states Iron Maiden! They are very popular and they had a concert here in Quito tuesday night so they were touring around before the concert and we just happen to literally BUMP into them! Funny story.
I am doing really good. I finished reading Alma the other day. I love the scriptures. I cannot beleive how much stuff I learn everytime I read. I also read over my Patriartical Blessing, wow, isnt that just like a road map for life when you are feeling lost. That and it really kicks me in the but and makes me remember how much I need to work on. But thats a good thing. I have alot that I need to do better at. President Sloan in his letter to me this week told me I need to hang in there and deal with my companion and learn what I can do better to make the companionship better. Then he compared it to his marriage and to my future marriage. I replied to him that if this is what marriage is I´ll pass. haha. Oh well, even if it is rough at times I really am learning alot out here. I love it, I wouldnt rather be anywhere else. Love you all. Hope to hear from you next week!
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment