Hey Family!How are things all going back home? Everone wrote me about this big wind storm/snow storm that hit. Sounds like fun! We have been getting some BIG rainstorms down her. The roads fill up with water FAST. And our sector Santa Anita is pure steep hillside so they have all kinds of mini mudslides that they are cleaning up right now. just little ones where an empty lot of soil washes down onto the road, nothing too extreme. This week was a better week. I knew it would be, we had zone conference! My interview with president Sloan like always was just a big recharge for my batteries. My talk in the conference went weel. It was neat to see everyone here in the Quito area. My comp from the MTc Elder Taylor was there at the conference. He is still struggling alot with spanish but does well. He talks like a caveman, only in infinitives, ask Jared what that means, he can explain. It was just really fun to see him again and a couple of Elders I met up north when I was in Tulcan. President Sloans donctrine lesson he gave us was on the true meaning of repentance. He takes the basic ordinances and doctrines of the church and goes in depth with them and I always walk out of that room wide eyed still trying to take it all in. I love it!
Nobody needs to worry about my safety down here. We are watched over and protected. If ever we feel at all in danger or have any impressions, we leave the area and go to another house. So no worries, Im being smart about everything. This sunday they announced that in September they will begin ditributing an LDS version of the Bible in spanish! The one we use right now doesnt really have cross references or footnotes, so when they announced that I got really excited! Exchanges are comming up in...8 days, next tuesday. President gave me some good advise and gave me a heads up on my next exchange. Im not gonna say what yet cuz Im not sure on it, but maybe next monday or the one after you will all hear. No worries, its good news, really really good exciting news. So ya, since I´ve got to wait to hear what Loua´s and Chance´s baby will be, you gotta wait too.
We had a lady come to church this week to our ward. All by herself, and shes not a member, she just wanted to get to know about the church. So we had a lesson with her and everything we taught she wrote down on a notepad. Everything we asked her after we taught she repeated back, she just understood everything! It was awesome, very exciting for us. After the lesson we asked if we could schedule an appointment with her to continue with the lessons. She acce`pted and when she gave us her address.... OTHER SECTOR! ahh! She is a great investigator, and it turns out she is from another companionships sector. Oh well, we got her prepared good for them. The couple that got baptised a few weeks ago here are doing great. They both have callings already, the wife is a teacher in the relief society and she gave a talk last sunday, the husband is a teacher in the primary and gave a talk yesterday! I felt so proud of them and was just so excited for them! There is much to learn out here, and Ive got alot to go. Jared told me that I gotta get ready, at my six minth mark I am actually half way done here. Up till this point I was excited to say I have six months out, but now it really does scare me, the time is really going by too fast. 1/4 of the mission is behind me. But that just means that I need to work harder and do more each day! Thats ok with me though, I love the work here. I just love my mission! Thank you for everything. I love you all!
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment