Hey Family!
Well this week has been a LONG week. I had been feeling sick to my stomach at the end of last week and it started getting worse, so we went into town to a doctors office and did a test. I have to tell you about that office. It was not as clean as the barn back home, and the bathroom had no door on it. Anyways, later in the afternoon we went back for the results and they came out positive. I had some parasites from dirty water. So I called the mission nurse in Quito and she brought me some pills to our zone conference the next day. So I'm already done with the pills now, I'm feeling a lot better. I would not suggest to anyone to ever suffer that illness. So that made the week go by pretty slow. The weather hasn't been so well here. There have been of couple of days of rain and so its muddy everywhere. The sun dries it out within a day or so, but it is a nasty sticky mud when its wet. One funny story for you all. Yesterday at church a member lady was giving her talk,and at one point in her talk she started to tell a story she had heard. But to start the story she said, Now with all the respect of our gringo Elder here I'm going to tell this story and hope that you wont take offense Elder. And she began to tell this story of how there was this contest with four different contestants all of which were from different countries, one was from the states, one from Latino America, one from china, one from Russia. And so she starts to say how all of the countries had it out for the arrogant gringo, because EVERYONE knows all of the gringos are arrogant, well not ALL of them, and she smiled at me! And then the story went on that the Latino beat the gringo and everyone was happy. But through the whole story like everyone was looking at me and I felt so dumb! I couldn't believe she would use that in her Sunday talk! Oh well. The price you get to pay to serve a mission.
Sounds like things have been going good for everyone back home. Up until that snow that came yesterday! The random snowstorms are always irritating. But summer will be there before you all know it. For me, Ive still got another 17 months of pure summer. Speaking of which, I complete 7 months this week. Its true how the time gets going faster and faster now, that last month went by quicker than all of the others. Mothers day is coming up pretty quick already. I will be calling that Sunday sometime in the afternoon. Next Monday or during next week one day they are letting us call home just to be sure on the time and everything for Sunday, so don't be going to far from home next week. That's everything for me this week though. I hope everyone is all doing very well, thank you all for the letters and all of your love and support. Dad, I got the package from you and Jeannie today that has the Dr Scholls in it. WAHOO! New insoles for my shoes, I will get a picture of the old ones for you for next week. Anyways, thank you all for everything. Love you all.
Elder Morris
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment