Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hello everyone!
Wow that week went by quickly. This week was alot better week for us here. Im sorry to hear that it was such a rough week back home. Jared and Krysten you are surely in my prayers, especially the little guy thats on his way. I hope that everything works out well. The same goes for Laura and Chance as they are preparing for their little one. Always remember to put your faith in our Heavenly Father. As for me, I should give the update, Im parasite free, and loving life! Dad told me I need to drink bottled water and be more careful. Just so you all know, I always have a bottle of water with me, I drink about 3 a day. I figure I got the parasite from a lunch with one of the ward members. Thats usualy the only time I drink something that isnt bottled. But no worries, Im being careful with what I eat and drink.
Over the last week we had some pretty good rain storms come through here. Friday evening we were going to contact a reference that we received, throughout the whole afternoon there was alot of lightning and thunder but no rain. So we got to this little house down a little dirt road into what looks like the jungle. As we walked towards the house we hear a zzzzzz sound of electricity, in the corner of my eye I saw an electrical current go into the palm trees next to us, them a big white flash lit up EVERYTHING and then came the loudest thunder crash I have EVER heard! I dont think at the time we realized how serious the situation was, we just said oh wow I wasnt expecting that, then went inside the house. After the lesson I decided that the lightning bolt was sent by Satan and he was aiming right at us, because this family that we taught is amazing. Its an older couple that has 4 kids together, they are not married, but told us that if thats what God expects of His children, they will do it. The ´husband´ was an alcoholic for alot of years but has decided he needs to change his life and get things in order. That desire is what keeps almost all of the investigators from progressing. He is willing to do what it takes. The parents cant read very well, so we are helping them with that. That is a problem we have ran into here lately, most of the people here in Emseraldas never learned to read, so in raising their childeren, there is another generation that doent know how to read. Its sad to see, but at the same time its an amazing sight. To see people change their lives just by listening to what the Bokk of Mormon says as we read it to them. I have learned alot lately about humility and love for others. I just love it here in Esmeraldas. Its amazing how fast my attitude changed for this sector. Just look back at my letter when I got exchanged here! I am really enjoying it here, the work is GREAT, my spanish is improving, and I guess going to the beach and relaxing every monday is pretty nice too!
One question, whats going on with this virus? One of the news programs down here said there have been numerous cases in the US,a few being in one of the Carolinas, and a few in Idaho! The only time I hear or see anything is if one of the members has it on at lunch appointments, so Im pretty in the dark about it all. Fill me in a bit if you could. On that note, I hope everyone has a food storage back home, looks like President Hinckley knew what he was talking about the last few years. We here in the mission are told to have at least a 6 day storage in our appartment. Even we have them! But I hope all is well with everyone back home. Enjoy the pictures.
Love you all and take care!


Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment