Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hey Everyone! Sorry I didn't get an email sent yesterday. We went to a little village for preparation day, then when we wanted to come back, there wasn't any bus or canoes! It was a fun day. The village is called Guayacana, the people there are natives and they speak chapalá. There are about 500 people there, some 80 members and a little wood house for the chapel! It was a neat experience. The ward mission leader took us into the jungle to find some waterfalls. We had to wade through some streams climb through jungle and everything! But it was the most paradise-like place Ive ever seen. Sad to say, I brought my digital camera with me without remembering my memory card. A couple of the other missionaries took pictures for me, I hope to get them in the next week or two. So my day was filled with turantulas, waterfalls, iguanas, frogs like you've never seen, rashed legs from ivy-plants, and LOTS of mosquito's!!! It will be a memory of a lifetime. I would like to get to go back someday. The people of the village have no running water, little electricity, no telephone, internet, just the basics. It was so fascinating to me, no video games, movies, nothing, just soccer, volleyball, and fishing! The simplicity of life was more than I have ever really seen. I will try to get some pictures sent as soon as I can.
As of the news from home. WAHOOO!!!! Way to go Mary, I'm really excited for you. It made my eyes tear up when I read your letter. How much better I feel for you and little Caleb! I wish you the very best in all, as you said in your letter, all in the Lord´s time. Dad happy birthday last week! I didn't forget, don't worry. Funny thing actually, on the day of your birthday we went to do a zone service project. We went to a nursing home to sing hymns and tell jokes with the old people! I thought it was pretty coincident, and remembered making those nursing home jokes to you alot. So happy birthday Dad! And yesterday, Happy birthday Jared! Cuando me puse a contar los años, no pude creer que ya tienes 29 años. ¡Te estás pniendo viejito! Gracias por tu carta y el animo que me das. Espero que te vaya bien en Washington con los suegros. Y si, tu hijito está gordito. jeje. Thank you all for the pictures that I got in emails this week. It was a big shocker as well as a relief to see so many letters in my inbox this week. Love you all SO much!
Elder Matthew David Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment