Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, October 5, 2009

WOW! What a great general conference!! Full of spiritual uplifting messages. Something I never noticed so much before my mission is how EVERY one of the talks is applicable to ME, and to MY life! They all were great talks and I cannot wait till we get the Liahona of November. This last week was such a great week for me. We had a good trip to Quito, the DL training meeting was very spiritual, I was able to learn a lot there, dinner with the Sloan´s as always GREAT FOOD! Chicken enchiladas just like mom makes back home! Then we got back from Quito and Thursday was a kinda sad day, my one year mark. I cant believe and don't want to either, that the time has gone by so fast. But then Saturday and yesterday were great days with the general conference. We had an investigator family come to the conference yesterday. The wife is ready to be baptised and have a calling, shes just not married with her husband yet, but he came to the conference yesterday morning, and so we visited them last night and he has had a change of heart! Hes even willing to get married now!!!! I cant describe how happy I felt to see them as a family at the conference. I with one of my other companions contacted this family, and I have seen them progress soo much! From a broken family with a drunk husband, to a family unified and full of love and patience! There's no wonder why the first principles that we teach in the message of the restoration are those of, ¨Our LOVING Heavenly Father¨ and ¨The Gospel message BLESSES Families¨. I cant even describe the happiness and the love and sheer joy I have felt in this last week. I love my mission. I hope you all were able to feel the same spirit this week as you saw or heard General Conference. I would love to hear from you all and how conference was for you.
I am sure glad to hear about the baby blessing coming up! PLEASE take pictures and send them to me by mail to put in my scripture case. Some of the family as complete as will be there. Pictures of Gramma, magnum, the little babies, etc... Thank you all! I love you and miss you. Keep moving forward, you wouldn't realize how many of the members and investigator alike down here CONSTANTLY pray for the families of ´Los Elderes´.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment