Hello everyone!
Well yesterday my companion and I had to go to Quito again for one of his doctors appointments. We got there for his appointment and they decided he has a flesh eating bacteria called lishmaniesis, or something like that. And so starting Monday he has to go to the hospital daily for a shot, he gets one shot a day for 3 weeks! So I think that we will see how it goes for him on Monday and then depending on that, he may get transferred to Quito and I will get a new companion! So its been a crazy couple of weeks for us. We have been to Quito about 7 times in the last 2 weeks. I'm definitely tired of bus rides! Oh well though, that's just how it goes sometimes.
Yesterday morning we had a special Zone Meeting here in Otavalo. Recently we had had a problem with some disobedience here in the zone, so with President Sloan´s permission my companion and I held this special meeting yesterday. It turned out GREAT! It was very spiritual and effective. There were a few missionaries that came forward with some things that had been happening recently. So I think that this zone here is going to see alot more baptisms in the coming months. December we had 26 and in January some 15, but I know we are going to do better, and hopefully see about 35 in March! I'm just really excited to be here. There are always the ups and downs, but we just have got to learn to get ourselves up and keep moving forward. Repentance is a hard thing alot of times, but it truly can be a blessing for us in our lives. One of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon is Alma 36, when Alma is telling his son about his conversion experience, how much pain and sorrow he felt because of his sin, but then how much joy and happiness that filled his soul when he repented. Its a great thing that our Father in Heaven has given us. The chance to repent, and move on, bettering ourselves each day. I have learned that it really is a daily fight with alot of things, but little by little we get stronger, our resistance builds up and we can keep moving forward.
This afternoon we have an activity in the church. We are just hoping that the members come and bring some of their friends. If all turns out well we will be able to meet some new people and get some referrals to visit and teach. Well Family, love you all very much! Have a great week this week. I will write next Saturday!!
Elder Matthew Morris
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment