Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hello Family!
We had a really good zone conference this week. Interviews went very well, and the capacitation I had to give turned out well as well. I got a new companion this week, it was a random change. My new companion is Elder Ellis from Salt Lake. He was also one of my zone leaders for about 3 months while I was in Esmealdas. He is a really good missionary. I have alot of respect for him. He has a great reputation in the mission. In the last 5 weeks I have travelled to Quito 7 times, and this next week we have to make at least 2 more trips for doctors appointment for my companion. He has an infection in his back and his foot that they have operated on. They think they are spider bites that just got infected. So we have to make some return visits to get them checked on. Oh well, it will just make us strengthen ourselves more to use that time we have much more wisely.
Today for preparation day we don't have anything special planned. We are just going to go to otavalo and wonder around a bit looking at some of the artist stuff that they sell here. I'm doing very well and really enjoying it here. I am learning ALOT here as zone leader. I'm so very grateful for my opportunity to serve here in this mission, and even more grateful for the opportunity to be a leader here. I just love it.
The other day I got to thinking about the fact that February is over, then I realized, Mark and Kyle are going to be done in 2 months! I cant believe how fast the time is going by. I'm just grateful for the time Ive had here, and I'm going to take advantage of every day that I still have left! Love you all, thank you for everything.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment