I'm doing very well down here. Dad mentioned to me that there was a big earthquake down in Chile today. Nothing has happened at all here. We are all well. My comp got an exchange on Sunday evening. They didn't want us to keep travelling to Quito every other day like we were, so they sent him to a zone in Quito. His back infection isn´t getting any better yet either. They are starting a medication treatment for him this week, but if it doesn´t help out, then he gets released and they will have his family work it out in a hospital there in the states. So the mission is going to do a special fast for him this afternoon and tomorrow. My new comp is Elder Taylor, my old comp from the MTC. We are having alot of fun and enjoying working here. This week was a fairly eventful week for us. In the zone yesterday we had 8 baptisms, and about 10 more scheduled for next weekend. My comp and I committed ourselves to all the missionaries in the zone that whenever they had baptisms that we would come to the services and help them out with everything. So yesterday afternoon was a bit of a busy day for us. Running through town from one baptism to another I had to dodge a car one or twice, one of the times I rolled my ankle, so for the next baptisms we took a taxi to the church house! haha. Also on our way to some visits thursday night we were walking down the road and I got my first dogbite on the mission. It was a little mut, border collie looking dog, a skinny, angry one! And apparently I got too close to his light pole so he came at me from behind and bit my ankle. But it didn't really do anything. Put a couple of tooth holes in my pant leg, and just scratched me. It was the first time I have been bitten by a dog on my mission. I thought I was going to go the whole mission without being bitten. Oh well, this Monday I will hit my 17 month mark, pretty good period of time without being bitten. Time is absolutely flying by out here. I cant believe it. I really am loving it here though. This morning we did a DEEP cleaning in my apartment and pulled out the desks into the living room area to be able to study in daylight and not just with lights. I'm really excited about that actually. haha. Simple pleasures in life, just like new socks! Speaking of which, Dad you asked me in the letter if I could use some more, it would be nice. Maybe 4 pairs of those black gold-toes you sent for x-mas and maybe 2 or 3 pairs of white ankle highs for p-days and service projects. Thank you so much. Speaking of which, this week we had a service project pouring a concrete pad for a house. It was all by hand, mixing, then wheel barrels to haul it around. It makes it so much easier having a mixer like back home, or better yet, just calling the concrete truck! But it was alot of fun for us. I enjoyed getting my hands dirty again and working. I will send a couple of pictures! One last thing, Dad, I would really love it if you could put me in on some deer and bull elk tags for this fall. preferably ones that would start after the first week of October. I'm still not sure about when I will come back home, but I would say that mid October would be a safe bet. I will just have to get that new rifle sighted in when I get back home. WAHOO!! HUNTING SEASON IS MINE THIS YEAR!!! haha Love you all! Have a great week! Thanks for everything!
Elder Matthew Morris
Pictures:
A hillside going to a teaching appointment, full view of all of Otavalo
Getting into a wrestling fight while mixing conrete
Pouring out the mud and water from when my shoe got stuck in the mix
Wheeling a wheel-barrel, supermodel face no?
Studs! Rain jacket Elders! Elder Edginton, Redding California; myself; and Elder Taylor Smithville Tennessee
No comments:
Post a Comment