Hello Everyone!
This week was a less productive week for us. We had zone conference one day and interviews with president another day. So we were traveling around a bit. It was a fun week though. Today for preparation day we went to the chapel, played ping pong and then some volleyball. Today was a HOT sunny day all day long! We played ping pong in the stage area at the church, with air conditioning on full blast, then to go outside to play volleyball in the sun.... oh it was killer! But we had a lot of fun. Before I forget, Laura Happy birthday last month, I have forgotten to write it every week since, but I promise I didn't forget when it was your birthday! And little Cole Matthew just turned one month old yesterday! WAHOO, hes probably growing in a little bit to those nostrils that Jared gave him, but maybe give him till hes about 14 before he really fits them! Just kidding, I'm sure hes a handsome little guy, with a middle name like that he has to be cute!
So how is everyone doing back home? I heard that the rain hit pretty hard this last week. Gramma was sure excited in her letter to me that everyone is keeping up on her yard work for her. Thank you all, don't you let her go without attention. I miss being able to go up there and mow or weed wack. That is one thing that I really really miss about being at home, is the actual hand labor. I know that I have to go into some type of profession or hobby with hands on labor when I get home. ONLY because missionary work is so spiritually rewarding can I handle it, I know I wont be a salesman that's for sure.
The work here is progressing bit by bit, the problem here in the coastal area of Ecuador is that nobody is married. Of our 10 investigators that are really progressing and keeping commitments, 2 are eligible for baptism, the rest are not living the law of chastity. So its a bit slower here in that since.
One new thing in the mission that President Sloan has changed, before, exchanges were every six weeks, if he wanted to change someone he would do it then, but now there are no longer 6 week changes. He will just call up any day of the week if he wants to change someone. This way it keeps everyone more in check and working hard ALL the time. Before the numbers always would droop off the last week or two of each change because missionaries would say ´well I'm gonna get changed, what does it matter' and just glide the last couple weeks. I personally am really excited for it. So who knows when I will get an exchange. I was in the MTC for my first 2 months, then Tulcan 2 months, then Quito 2 months and now I have just over 2 months in Esmeraldas! So I finally broke my record! I like it here, i wouldn't mind staying longer. But I trust President if he does exchange me. I have learned things in all of my sectors that I wouldn't have learned had I stayed in the sector before!
I'm outta things to say for this week. Thank you all for everything. I'm doing great and loving it here! I love you all and I hope to keep hearing from everyone!
Elder Matthew Morris
This week was a less productive week for us. We had zone conference one day and interviews with president another day. So we were traveling around a bit. It was a fun week though. Today for preparation day we went to the chapel, played ping pong and then some volleyball. Today was a HOT sunny day all day long! We played ping pong in the stage area at the church, with air conditioning on full blast, then to go outside to play volleyball in the sun.... oh it was killer! But we had a lot of fun. Before I forget, Laura Happy birthday last month, I have forgotten to write it every week since, but I promise I didn't forget when it was your birthday! And little Cole Matthew just turned one month old yesterday! WAHOO, hes probably growing in a little bit to those nostrils that Jared gave him, but maybe give him till hes about 14 before he really fits them! Just kidding, I'm sure hes a handsome little guy, with a middle name like that he has to be cute!
So how is everyone doing back home? I heard that the rain hit pretty hard this last week. Gramma was sure excited in her letter to me that everyone is keeping up on her yard work for her. Thank you all, don't you let her go without attention. I miss being able to go up there and mow or weed wack. That is one thing that I really really miss about being at home, is the actual hand labor. I know that I have to go into some type of profession or hobby with hands on labor when I get home. ONLY because missionary work is so spiritually rewarding can I handle it, I know I wont be a salesman that's for sure.
The work here is progressing bit by bit, the problem here in the coastal area of Ecuador is that nobody is married. Of our 10 investigators that are really progressing and keeping commitments, 2 are eligible for baptism, the rest are not living the law of chastity. So its a bit slower here in that since.
One new thing in the mission that President Sloan has changed, before, exchanges were every six weeks, if he wanted to change someone he would do it then, but now there are no longer 6 week changes. He will just call up any day of the week if he wants to change someone. This way it keeps everyone more in check and working hard ALL the time. Before the numbers always would droop off the last week or two of each change because missionaries would say ´well I'm gonna get changed, what does it matter' and just glide the last couple weeks. I personally am really excited for it. So who knows when I will get an exchange. I was in the MTC for my first 2 months, then Tulcan 2 months, then Quito 2 months and now I have just over 2 months in Esmeraldas! So I finally broke my record! I like it here, i wouldn't mind staying longer. But I trust President if he does exchange me. I have learned things in all of my sectors that I wouldn't have learned had I stayed in the sector before!
I'm outta things to say for this week. Thank you all for everything. I'm doing great and loving it here! I love you all and I hope to keep hearing from everyone!
Elder Matthew Morris
Here's a couple pictures.
all of the missionaries is my zone, zona esmeraldas. 
My companion, President Sloan and his wife, and me! 
And me dominating at ping pong!
¡buen provecho! Elder Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment