Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hey Family!
I LOVE MY MISSION! I don't think I could say that enough. We had a good week this last week, and a really good day yesterday! We had some really good lessons and a lot of investigators came to church yesterday. This week we are going to try to get a family married so that they can get baptised in the next 2 or 3 weeks. The investigators are all progressing a lot right now! We were teaching a lesson to a kid the other day, his name is Roy. We were teaching about the plan of salvation and we had him read a scripture in Alma 40, when he had read it we began to explain a little bit, and he stopped us. He then just asked us, what do you feel when you read the scriptures? and we told him that a good feeling comes, its the holy ghost. And he got a BIG smile on his face and told us all of the feelings he felt and that when he even reads just one verse he wants to just keep reading and learn more! It was a great lesson with him. This week we are probably going to put a baptismal date for him.
Last Wednesday we went to a city a couple hours away for a little conference, a general authority came to speak to us. Elder Pino from Venezuela. It was pretty neat, good talks. This week is Zone conference for us again. Tomorrow are our interviews with President Sloan. A couple of new things in the mission; 1- No more going to the beach on preparation days. Not even to go and sit in the sand..... it was a sad day when we got word of that. 2- No more mission-wide changes every 6 weeks. It is not, whatever day of the week, if president decides to change some missionaries he just calls them up and they have to be in the new sectors the next morning! So that's gonna have everyone more on there toes now. I think it´ll be better, I just hope I don't get exchanged. I am used to the hot weather now. I can sleep just fine at night without the fan or anything. I'm just loving it here. Last night I dreamt that Dad came to Ecuador to pick me up and take me home for a 2 week visit with the family. I ran away from him telling him I didn't want to go home yet! That's just how I feel. I love my mission so much! I hope that everyone has a good week this week, that you always for all of the letters of encouragement!
Elder Matthew Morris

OK the pics are 1st, the chapel where we go on Sundays,
2nd me and my comp now Elder Flores at the conference last week,
3rd me and my last comp Elder Tirado walking to an appointment!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment