Hey Family!
Well time is flying by! Happy Fathers day to all of the fathers back home. It was an interesting day for us yesterday. EVERYONE in Esmeraldas was drunk. Including a couple of investigators. So we didn't really get anything done. I got offered beer by a couple of people. It was just something new to see. Last Friday I was given the opportunity by the sister missionaries in our district to preform a couple of baptisms from their sector. It was a family of seven, the parents have a baptismal date in July (not married yet) so the 5 kids got baptised on Friday. Elder Betancourth baptised the 3 boys, and I got to baptize the 2 daughters. It was really neat to see that big family there all together. The sister missionaries in our district are Hermana Tax from guatemala, and Hermana Morris from Panama! Don't ask me, I don't know how she got that last name, she is pure latina, and even more weird, both of her parents are Morris´. So I think we´ve gotta do some family searching and figure out how we got our name in Panama. But anyways, that was a great experience. Everything is going well here for me. By the sound of all of the letter, we´ve been getting lots of rain back home! That's good, you´re learning a little bit of what Ecuatorian life is like! I was glad to get so many pictures from home in the letter this week. I liked all of them. Cole Matthew, Caleb and the airplanes, Laura and her big belly!! The picture of Laura and Chance at the zoo with Mary and Caleb caught me off guard, I haven't seen Laura with a belly like that, so it made me look twice! haha, oh well, not too much longer Laura. Dad also told me in the letter from him that they sold grandma´s buick, does she have another car? It was great to get those pictures from home. I couldn't believe how comfy and expensive our couches look! And carpet in the house! That is a luxury that is unknown in Ecuador. And the picture of Dad and Caleb mowing the back lawn! There are no lawnmowers here, there´s not even lawns here at people´s houses. we are truly blessed. Don't ever forget it, I hope that I will always remember it.
Thank you all for the letters and everything!
Love you all, take...luck!
(next email...)
oops....love, Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment