Hello! Well we had changes yesterday, I'm STILL here in esmeraldas! My companion got sent to Otavalo! I hope to get to go there in the mission. I got made district leader here, and tomorrow I'm going to Quito in bus to get my new companion, fresh from the MTC! I'm excited to train, it'll be a good learning experience for me. I'm hoping for an elder from Guatemala, but I will see how that goes. I'm really excited that I get to stay here in the sector for a little longer. I'm really enjoying it here. Ive decided that the food is amazing! Once that stomach is used to it and doesn't get sick, its actually quite tasty! We have a baptism this weekend, and the next, and the week later we should have a couple more. We are reaping the fruits of our labors here. Things are finally coming together with some of the investigators, so now my new comp and I will really have to start working at getting new investigators to refill what is called the ´teaching pool´. I am just really excited to still be here in this sector. I'm glad that I will celebrate my birthday with members that I know and am friends with, and maybe my one year mark will be here as well. I just love Ecuador so much. This morning my temporary comp and I went into town and I bought some fabric for some new proselyting pants. We have a member here in the ward that makes suits and everything, so he is going to make me a couple new pairs of pants while I'm in quito! The ones I brought from home are in pretty sad shape. So that's my birthday present for myself. My one year mark I think Ill get a pair of brown shoes, and a couple more ties. I love getting this stuff here, its all cheap.
Loua Loua! Gonna be a mommy! I'm really excited, I tell all of my investigators and the members here about my two little nephews and my little niece-on-the-way! And of course, I keep a picture of magnum in my agenda to show to everyone! I just want you all to know how much I love you all. I have the greatest family in the world, you're all the greatest blessing that I have. I know that this gospel truly blesses families, and strengthens them in these times of confusion, and in a society of very low morals. I'm forever grateful for the things that I have learned, I know I want the best at always applying them, but I'm trying to do better. I truly now realize the importance of the scriptures and the church, all of the morals and values that I have been taught in my life. I wish you all the best and keep you in my prayers. Thank you for your love and great support! Until next week!
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment