Hey everyone!Well another week in the bag. I really cannot figure out how we are already halfway through august! Is that wierd for anyone else? The time is flying by out here. I still remember intruducing myself to members and then saying something to the effect that im still a newbie, or just have a little time out here, then all of the sudden that stopped, and now my comp introduces himself and the people laugh when he says he only has 3...4...5... days. It makes me realize just how fast the time goes out here. I am going to admit it, getting ready to leave home I was pretty scared! I couldnt see the end of two years, those of you who know how many guns, and other toys I bought before I left, saw how I was. I thought I had to get it all, that my life was comming to an end! Oh well, pretty soon I will be able to use all those pretty things I ´invested´in.
My companion is Elder Vasquez from Trujillo PerĂº. Hes a really good kid. He has been a member for 5 years, and has a great testimony and love for the Book of Mormon! We had a good first week this week. We are going to Quito again wednesday night for a meeting I have on thursday. Something I now realize, district leader has a lot of busy work to do along with the reagular teaching schedule. Upon arriving to our sector last week we made a few quick visits for my companion to get to know our investigators and ward leaders. One of our investigators here thought that my last companion and I had both got exchanged, because I was in Quito last week and we hadnt visited her for a few days. So upon visiting her, she told us that she felt sad that we were gone, but nothing was going to stop her from attending church on sunday! She isnt married yet, so she cant get baptised, but in the next week or so she will be married with her 'husband'.
I hope that all is going very well for everyone back home. Keep me updated on the little ones, Caleb, Cole, and the one-on-the-way. And I never did hear of Sophie (the donkey) had her baby or not..... Thanks for your love and support! Hope to hear from you soon.
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment