Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hey Family!
This week was a really up-down week! We had to go to Quito for a meeting I had, 8 hours in bus going from sea level to Quito (really really high) in a zig zag form through the mountains. Then I sat in the meeting thursday from 8am till about 6pm. We had dinner with the President and his family, then we had campfire smores at a members house! The campfire part made me miss home a bit, but I enjoyed it. Then the busride home friday took us all afternoon, and when we got back here to Esmeraldas I was SICK! But im doing better now, just that change in elevation and not walking or anything got to my stomache a bit. Saturday we had a couple of baptisms. It was the best baptismal service I have been in. The room was FULL of members and family of the girls that got baptised. Usually only a couple members show up for baptisms, and maybe a couple family members, but this time it was different. It was a great experience! Then after the aptismal service we went to their house and celebrated one of the girls birthday. It was a fun day. They are the only members in their family, now 5 of the family members that attended are investigating the church because of the spirit they felt at the baptism! I just love it here in esmeraldas, I know that my time is comming up soon that I will get tranferred, but I just want to stay here. I decided that I am going to name my first daughter with the middle name Esmeraldas! And nobody is going to talk me out of it! haha. I got a package from dad and Jeanne today. Wahoo!!! Worthers Originals, CTR rign and some razor blades! They sent some pictures of a ride we did at Harriman park the week before I left......wow..... I cannot beleive how beautiful it is backhome. I miss those pine trees and grassy meadows. This may be paradise down here, but we live in a beautiful place! Mom and Mary, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This year is winding down fast! When there arent any seasons, just always hot weather, you dont notice how fast the time goes by. I decided that we are all getting old. Everyone else more than me, but its ok. A big wake-up-call for everyone here, next week im turning 20. I dont know where the time went. Jared´s a dad, Laura is just about to be a mom! I will be excited to get pictures from everyone. I wish mom and mary happy birthdays, im thinking about you both and wont forget your birthdays. I hope everyone else also has a good week this week. Thank you all for your letters and support. You wont ever know how much of a help and support it is to get even the most simple little letters from home.
Love you all. Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment