Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, August 31, 2009

Well another week in the bag. Tomorrow, the 1st of september I hit my 11 month mark. I am experiencing alot of mixed emocions at this point. Alot of fear of what is waiting for me when I get home, happy because of the memories I have hear, fairly happy that in a time no too far away I will get home, but at the same time, sadness because in a time not too far away I will have to go home... The first 11 months has flown by, just the other day I was excited to have 6 months, a day or two before that I was getting off the airplane in some foreign country that smelled wierd! And even a wierder thought, Im going to be 20 years old!!! It is just crazy how fast the time goes by. Everyone is having kids now, Jade got his 2nd kid by the sounds of things. If someone can get ahold of him tell him to write me, or get me his address. I want to hear about it when Laura has her little girl. She better not come on the 3rd, no little neice if mine will be stealing my thunder!!!! She can have the 4th or 5th. Also one cool thought, the 6th this month I will have 12 years since my baptismal date
Today for preparation day we as a district decided to go to a little pueblo that is in my sector. I hadnt ever been there before, but had heard that it was really close. So we set out this morning walking for this pueblo. We ended going for a little treck in the trees for a while, found a river and some old ecuadorian guy taking a bath with his horse tied up. Next we found our way back to the road, walked for what seemed like eternity, by random luck our bishop was comming from the little pueblo with a load of mandarine oranges, so he gave us all a bunch of mandarines, in the excitement of finally having something to eat, I forgot to ask him to give us a ride to the little pueblo. So he left, then my district got all huffy (in a joking matter) that I didnt ask him for a ride! So we set out again in hopes of arriving to the pueblo. We arrived to a river bend that was absolutely gorgeous, so we stopped to take pictures and play uno. After that short break we left with little hopes of arriving at the pueblo. Another eternity later we got to a sign that said welcome to Tabiazo and so we got all excited thinking that we were there. So we kept walking only to realize that we still hadnt arrived, as a car passed by someone waved it down to ask how far we were from the pueblo, in response they started laughing and drove off! Our excitement crashed there.... But I got everyone back on their feet and we continued walking. Another good while later a pickup came down the road, some elders waved in down and jumped in the back, so it took us to Tabiazo. 5 minutes after having gotten into the truck we arrived there! Upon arriving we found out that there were no restaurants at all, so we ate a bunch of little coconut pop-sickle cups and took truck back to our sector! It was a long morning but we had ALOT of fun and surely made some memories that we wont ever forget! And I luckily had my handy little disposable camera with me, so I got lots of pictures! It was like we were in Jurrasic Park, it was alot of fun exploring and everything.
Hope you all enjoyed the experience that I had, I hope that everyone has a great week this week and that everything goes well for Laura and Chance! Love you all, cant wait to hear from you! Jared and Krysten- I got your package in the mail this week, thank you soo much for the pictures and well, all of it! Love you all!
Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment