Hey Family!
I hope all is going well back home for everyone! Sounds like the weather is getting cold and the days shorter. That is one effect down here that makes the time go by faster for me. There are no seasons, the sun comes up and goes down the time time every day of the year, and its always warm weather. We are supposedly entering winter here in Quito, which just means it rains more than normal, but we haven't got any rain yet. Everyone here thinks that its the end of the world. Latins are really sceptical about stuff like that. But all is well here. President Sloan got really sick this week and has been in the hospital for a few days, they say he has pneumonia and water on his lungs. He should be getting out in the next couple of days. Keep him in your prayers, hes an excellent leader. He has changed this mission around 100% and has helped me to change my life as well.
This Sunday the bishop from our ´forgotten´sector came and picked us up and we went to get to know our sector and chapel. I have never seen such happy faces as those of the members when they got to the church and we were at the doors to welcome them! We´ve got some activities and stuff scheduled to do with the members to help excite them again. Wednesday nights we are going to do divisions with the bishopric to re-activate the less active members. There´s no effort wasted. And as it says in Jacob 5:72, the Lord of the vineyard went and worked with his servants. This is the work of the Lord, I am certain of that. This sector has been quite a change for me, but I know that its the same work where ever I go. Speaking of which, two of my investigators in Esmeraldas got baptised Saturday. I cant explain the joy that one feels upon hearing that phrase. I miss Esmeraldas so much. BUT I'm getting used to the cold weather and flavorless food of Quito again. Hopefully next week I will have some great story about the visits we make in our new sector this week. Love you all. Thank you all so much for your letters! Oh ya, I think I may have mentioned before, my scheduled release date is October 5th next year, but President told me last week that I can extend a month extra if I want....
Love you all!!!
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment