Hey Family!
Well this was a pretty good week here in my new sector. I'm getting used to being in the sierra again. It's COLD at night here, sunny and hot in the day, the food is flavorless, the people aren't nice....BUT if I'm not stretching myself, I'm not growing! So I'm excited to be here in this sector. This sector has had a line of some no-so-obedient missionaries so we have got our work cut out for us here. We had stake conference yesterday, EXCELLENT messages! The stake president here is a man who truly understands his calling and magnifies it for the good of others, not for personal gratification! So the messages, hymns, everything about the conference was gratifying! My companion and I in this next week are going to open up a sector that the missionaries haven't worked in for a couple of years. We met the bishop of this ward at the conference and scheduled a day to go with him to meet the members and all. I'm excited for that, I know there's a lot of rumors about his sector, but I know that there are people waiting there and if we just do our part with much prayer we will find them.
It was actually pretty neat how we met the bishop. After the priesthood session Saturday night, we were saying hi to members and such, when two members approached me and asked what sector I am in. I told them my two ward's names and they both got big grins on their faces and introduced themselves as the bishop and one of his counselors in the ward of mine that hasn't had missionaries. They then told me how long it had been since they have had missionaries or even a baptism and said to me after the conference was over they saw me and both knew that my companion and I were those assigned to their ward to renew missionary work there! It was a neat little experience for me.
This week we have zone conference and interviews with the President. Always a spiritual boost!
Congratulations Mary and Greg! I hope all is well for everyone back home! I miss you and love you all, with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up, one really realizes how great it is to have a family. Don't worry about me out here, I've got my mission family. Follow President Monson's council, do something special for someone else. Love you all!
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment