Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, November 30, 2009

Hey Family! Well thanksgiving was this week! We had a pretty good dinner with the Curtis´here in Quito. We had ham, rolls, stuffing, cheesy potatoes, fruit salad, green salad, and other gringo food and it was just really good! To be honest, it was more like a Sunday night dinner than a real thanksgiving dinner, but it was still GREAT! Today for preparation day we went downtown to see some of the cathedrals, when I was in Quito last spring we went. But we went as a district today so go sight seeing. It was fun. When we got done there we took a bus over by the mission offices and ate at McDonalds!!!!!!!!! I had a classic double with cheese, biggie fries, an orange soda and finished it off with a chocolate sundae. As I was eating my burger I closed my eyes a couple of times and it really felt like I was back at home. No worries, I'm not homesick to say the least, no offence.
One thing I wanted to say before I forget, President Sloan is in really bad condition right now. They let us know last week the he had to get surgery done. He had a type of infection in his lungs that was slowly deteriorating his lungs. So when they caught that they couldn't repair the damage so they had to take out half of one of his lungs. Right now he still has bacterias that they are trying to kill away with medications. They have him in a good hospital here, but he´s still having a rough time. So please keep him and his family in your prayers back home. He has two older kids in the states (both married), one son on a mission in Spain, and two little girls here in Quito with him and his wife. So I imagine its rough on his family as well. To this point he is still going to continue with his calling as Mission President, with the hopes of getting back to work in January. Please remember him in your prayers.
By the sounds of the letters all of the family is doing well back home, I will surely support the family fast for Caleb this week. I'm glad to get letters and hear from you all. The letters I got today were filled with great news for me. Even the little things are always good to hear. In a few letters I have mentioned a couple of things I had thought would be nice for Christmas, but I have sadly forgotten one of the most important things, hickory farms beef stick and sweet n hot mustard! haha.
My companion and I are doing well in our sectors. We have got a few investigators in the sector we are opening and this week at church we had 3 in-active families come to church that we have visited! Tonight we have a family home evening with an older couple that is less active. The wife is bedridden with arthritis, but her husband has started to come back to church again. The first 2 weeks in our ward we had an attendance of about 40-50 people, but this week we were up to about 70! I'm loving it here in this sector, its cold, a big hillside, and the food isn't to my fancy, but I love working here! Thank you all for your love and support! I hope to hear from you all again next week.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment