Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Hey Family!
Well I'm in my new sector. I actually have two sectors here. We are in a valley north of Quito. My companion is Elder Farinango. He is from Otavalo here is Ecuador. That is the city where they are basically pure Lamanite descent, they are all indigenous. So he, keeping with family tradition, has a ponytail! It's pretty cool. It's just weird finding long black hair in the bathroom! ha ha. He's a good missionary. He started his mission a week before me, so we are equals time wise. The sector is not bad here. We are going to have to work ALOT to get the members respect and confidence. They haven't had that good of missionaries here. Our second sector we haven't even gone to yet. My companion in 2 months has only been there once. So we are basically opening it up. We will see how everything turns out here. It's a wealthier sector. Lunch today was hard for me. I felt embarrassed to be eating with such nice plates, in such a nice house and with ice cream and cake for dessert. I miss Esmeraldas, people there were poor, but they are happy with the little they have. Also, the accent here is killing me! It is so funny to hear people talk here. I got so used to the coastal accent that these people just sound weird to me!
Last Sunday was probably one of the best Sundays I have had in the mission. We had a lot of investigators and less-actives come! One after another came through the doors, and every one of them I was more and more surprised. We heard some great testimonies and it was just an all around great day for me! UNTIL we got the transfers, I felt very sad, but this is how the mission is. I'm nervous here in my new sector, but I'm gonna give it my all. These two wards here need some doctoring up. Pray for me! Thank you all for the pictures and letter this week! Mary and Greg, Congratulations, have a great week. I hope to get a couple pictures! Happy holidays to everyone! Love you all!
Elder Matthew David Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment