Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, November 23, 2009

Hey Family!
Well this week turned out to be a great week for us here. On Sunday we did divisions with the assistants to the president and went to our two wards at the same time! It was great! My companion went to Carapungo where we have been working and we had like 5 investigators come to church! A couple of them were members of a family we had just met Saturday morning and we invited them, and surprisingly they came! So that was great, then I attended in our ward La Bota (the boot)haha, and we surprisingly had 2 investigators there that are sisters of a member. I was there in my ward with one of the assistants and a old missionary couple that work in the offices, in sacrament meeting they asked me to give a talk, mind you they asked me about 30 seconds before announcing it! So I got to give a talk about member missionary work and persistence with the hard hearts! It turned out pretty good. Then Elder Squires (Arizona) told me how before the mission that would have never been possible for any of us to improvise a talk of 10 minutes, let alone in another language. It was just a great day for us. I'm getting used to this new sector of mine. I'm used to the colder nights and the hot sun during the days. The food, well... I still really miss the food from the coast. Basically its like Jared always said about the food in Chile, there´s no flavor. That's about as descriptive as I can get. We so have one mamita for us on Saturdays, her and her family is from Columbia, she cooks really good, but the rest are from here in Quito and cook like they´re from Quito. But the good thing is that I'm loosing a little bit of weight here in Quito, they don't serve as much food as the people on the coast, so I have been able to loose a few pounds here. The dogs here, are just as many as on the coast, but not quite as disease ridden as those of the coast. There the pros and cons of everything here, but I do miss the coast. But this isn't my work anyway is it? If I'm here, its because I need to be here.
Thanksgiving is this week, no worries, I did NOT forget about it. The couple that attended with us on Sunday are the Curtis´, they are from the Provo area, I cant remember exactly where. So they and I have become good friends in the mission and they invited my companion and I to thanksgiving dinner with them at their house. It was a pretty special invitation too! They only invited the Elders from the offices, my companion and I, and another companionship here in Quito. So no worries, I will have a thanksgiving dinner this year.
Today for p-day we went to a mall here in Quito, eat pizza hut and played laser tag. The laser tag was a BLAST! We played for 45 minutes without stop! It was a lot of fun! But basically my team got dominated. We hurried and got back here to the sector to write home, and will soon go back to the house to shower! I hope all is going well back home! I love to hear how cold it is back home! And even more when I hear that it is snowing. Today sitting in the bus coming back to the sector I started to think about the cold weather back home and about hunting season. Then remembered my rifle waiting at home for me....... wow....... haha
I hope you all have a VERY happy thanksgiving this week. I love you all and thank you so much for the letters, pictures, and your loving support. I appreciate every little thing you do.
Elder Matthew David Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment