Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, December 14, 2009

Arrived in Otavalo

Hey family
I just have a few minutes to write here. We are in the sector right now. It is a bus ride of about 25 minutes outside of Otavalo. Its a BEAUTIFUL little city here tucked into the HUGE surrounding mountains and volcanos. I don't know if I´ve ever had such a big sector though, well to be honest, I'm sure I´ve never had such a big sector. The two wards here are Cotacachi and Carabuela. It is one big mountain to the other, and everything there in between and all around. I hope you get the jest of it. We met my bishop when we got to the house. He went to Yellowstone a couple of years ago with his family, so I invited him to the house for his next family trip. Kelly Klingler and Bishop Klingler came here to my ward the summer that I got my call. Kelly has a mission companion here in my ward, Elder Tabi. Talking with my companion he let me know a little about the sector. Every Sunday meeting is spoken in Kichwa (not quichwa). And here in our sector, if we contact any Latins, we have to send the reference to other missionaries, we can only teach indigenous! So I have to start to learn the language here. The majority of the people nowadays speak Spanish as well, but all of the old people only speak their native language. So this is going to be quite an adventure for me, I'm going to hopefully learn a lot. Physically and spiritually this is a tough sector. Next week I will hopefully have some pictures to send home in an e-mail so you can all see what its like here.
Love you all!
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment