Hey Family!
Well this week was a long week for us. I have only been in my sector for about 3 hours is all. Monday night we went around and did some visits, then on Tuesday we did divisions with some elders in the zone to check up on them. My comp stayed in our sector with one elder, and I went to the other sector with his companion. Then upon getting to the house Wednesday morning we had to pack up for the Zone Leader Council in Quito. So when we got ready we went to lunch then to the bus station to Quito. Meetings all day Thursday, dinner with President and his wife, then we came back on bus Friday morning. Back here in Otavalo Friday we had a meeting with all our district leaders here in Otavalo, the we had to help with an activity. The activity got over late, the latest bus that comes here to Cotacachi from Otavalo leaves at 7, so we missed the bus and had to stay with some elders in Otavalo, not until this morning did we get back to our house! Sad news about the trip to Quito, I'm not sure when, but at some point someone got into my carry-on bag and stole my digital camera, some sneakers and my basketball shorts. Luckily I had my memory card from the camera in my pocket, so I haven't lost any pictures, but sadly, another camera. President Sloan is doing better. He showed us his X-Ray he got from the surgery, the literally took out half of his right lung. He also showed us the big scar the surgery left in his back. Hes really delicate right now. He while talking frequently looses his breath and has to stop and take some deep breaths. The Apostles and area presidency has ordered him to rest within his own house for another 2 months. So hopefully he will get better soon to be able to serve at full strength.
Today for preparation day we played volleyball in the rain at one of the chapels here. It was a lot of fun. This week on the 25th we planned a Christmas party for the zone. We are going to have a Pizza dinner and a gift exchange as a zone! Then one fun activity we have planned for the zone is for the 2nd we are going to climb Cayambe, a volcano here just outside of Otavalo! On the 30th we have Zone conference here. I'm a bit nervous, I have to direct the meeting and with my companion we have to give a ¨capacitación¨, I honestly don't know how to say it in English, I don't think capacitation is a word in English, its like a training meeting. So that's what is going on here for us in Otavalo.
I hope all is well back home. Keep doing whats right. This week I got a package from Dave and Janalee with florences chocolates.....wow.....thank you! then one from Dad and Jeanne with jerky, Reese's, and garments, and as I was leaving the offices the mail got there and just so happened to be I had ANOTHER package! One from Gramma..... homemade fudge..... I cant explain the joy and excitement that I felt when I saw that tupperware full of heaven!!!! Thank you all for your letter and the goodies that I have gotten! J & K, I will let you know when your package gets here so you wont worry. Thank you for the pictures! Love you all!!!!
Elder Matthew David Morris
ps. this week i get to call home!!
pss. the first picture on here is one of the volcanoes here coming into Otavalo, Taita Imbabura.
the second is of the big catholic church here in the city park in Cotacachi, I took the picture from our apartment balcony! ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment