Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, December 14, 2009

Exchanged!

Hey Family

Just wanted to get a quick letter home this morning. Yesterday we received changes in the mission. I figured I was going to stay here in my sector, as I only have one change here. Well I got changed! I'm going to be leaving here in about an hour to go to my new sector. I'm going to Otavalo! I have two wards and they are both Indigenous wards in the country. So Sunday meetings will be held not in Spanish, but in Quichwa. So maybe I will be learning my third language down here. I'm a little bit nervous about the change. I'm going as Zone Leader there. I have really loved being district leader these last 5 months, but now I'm feeling a bit nervous. Pray for me. My new companion is Elder Salas from Mexico. Hes a good missionary, he was one of my Zone leaders when I was in Esmeraldas. The other day I was talking to a missionary about how I wanted to get out of Quito, I don't really like big cities. Its gonna be a pretty big change. Otavalo itself is probably comparable with Idaho Falls in size, but I'm outside of the city a ways into the country. So I will be eating some REAL interesting things. The OtavaleƱos eat a lot of grubs, cui (over sized hamster), every part of the cow that you can think of, and whatever else they can get on a plate. Im not sure if I will get to write more later today. The unique thing about Otavalo is that preparation day is Saturday for the missionaries. So from this week on I will be writing home on Saturdays. So you´ve gotta get emails out on Friday if possible. I have a package in the offices waiting for me, not sure who its from. Friday I have a leadership council here in Quito so I will pick it up then. Well I'm not sure what else to write. My bags are packed, I think my companion and I will go to breakfast right now and then head out to catch a bus! Love you all! Tell Laura Kay that I love her and she is in my prayers. If she has a minute have her write me a letter so I can get one to her.

Elder Matthew David Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment