Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, December 7, 2009

Hey everyone!
Well this week sure was a rough week. No worries, I´m doing well. It was just one of those weeks where nothing at all worked out and all of the people rejected us. Its alright though, at least I have some funny stories to tell when I get back home. To be honest about it our whole district here had a really rough week. But these are the moments when the weak ones fall or get stronger. I know that the Lord is trying our faith, to see who we are really in this work for. Like it says in Ether 12, the blessings come AFTER the trial of our faith. When we hit the ´walls´in life, we need to keep pushing forward, its a surety the the Lord had the blessings waiting on the other side for us.
Last night was the Christmas devotional by the 1st Presidency. Really good messages, I decided I´m going to go to one of those devotionals when I get back home. Today one of my zone leaders and I went to the mission offices. My companion stayed with the other zone leader which is sick right now. So elder Tripp (Cedar City) and I had a fun morning there at the offices chatting with the missionaries there. We did some brown nosing to a missionary couple there, the Rose´s from Roy Utah, they decided to invite us for dinner this Friday, and make us homemade x-mas candies. We had been telling sister Rose how much we miss the homemade candies back home, especially how much I miss Gramma´s x-mas fudge! So we have dinner plans this week with the Rose´s.
There's a lot of birthdays this month between friends and family. Grandpa´s was yesterday. I like thinking about grandpa every now and then. Him and uncle Brian both. It helps give me a lot of motivation in the tough times. I know that they are both involved in the work where they are as well. Happy birthday this week Jeanne. I hope that all is well back home. Sounds like its been COLD. North winds and bitter cold at night. Wow, I miss that cold weather and snow. But time´ll be up before I know it. I just know I love it here. I couldn't imagine a mission to be any better! Love you all! Thank you for the letters and prayers.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment