Hey Family!
Another stressful week gone by. We have just had a lot of things to do here, like always. I went to Quito to renew my identification that was overdue about 2 months ago. They gave me another year and a half on it, so I'm set for at least one return trip here! Today we were able to do a good service project for one of the companionship's in our zone. Tomorrow we get our changes if there are any, so today as the last preparation day, we went over to an apartment of a couple of Elders and we cleaned and reorganized the entire house. About 8 of us spent around 4 hours cleaning and moving stuff around. Its the storage house for the zone, so there was a lot of cleaning to do! But it was a really good experience. It helped me to see who really are the loving and helping missionaries in the zone. A number of times I had to tell them Great Grama Morris´old phrase about getting the job done right! ¨Once a task is first begun, never leave it ´till its done. Be the task great or small, do it right, or not at all.¨ So I had to step up a few times and let some of them know its just easier to do it all right when we´re doing it, than have to come back again and redo it all! Thank you Dad, for the work ethic that you have taught me. I will never be able to thank you enough. I personally love doing special service projects for others. Especially while on divisions with other missionaries. I have had some great district and zone leaders in my mission. A number of times with them they did little things, even like washing the dishes for me, those moments always made me feel of their love, and dedication. I am convinced that selfless service is the greatest way to show your love to someone. Its something that words cannot even replace.
Tomorrow we have a baptism of a kid who is 9 years old. His parents and brother are all members, but haven't been really active, so he just kinda slipped by the 8 year old mark without getting baptised. So the family recently started coming again and told us he wasn't yet baptised. So we have been able to help out in strengthening the family, and now baptise the son.
All in all I'm really enjoying it here. Being zone leader is a bit rough, but I'm getting used to it. Before I finish the letter I have to wish everyone a happy birthday. No worries, I haven't forgotten about any of them! Zach, Rachel, Gramma, Krysten and anyone else there, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I think about you all and remember you in my prayers. I miss you and love you all! I hope all is well for everyone back home, and that the work situation betters. Thank you all for your letters and support. Love you all!
Elder Matthew David Morris
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment