Hey Family!
This week was a really good week. We had the Zone Leader council this week in Quito with President. He is back in charge of the mission now. He has an injection insert in his wrist that they use to give him antibiotics every morning and night, but he is able to go to and from the offices now. It was a great meeting and dinner that we had with him. It was very spiritual and uplifting. This upcoming week we have Zone Conference again. So we´ve got to prepare the capacitation again. I'm excited for it this time though. Not so nervous. We are going to do the conference and interviews with President in Quito so that he doesn't have to travel with his medical stuff. That will make four weeks in a row that I have had to travel to Quito. I'm getting a bit used to in now, but hopefully wont have to go for a while longer.
My companion and I are doing well. Last week we had changes in the mission but we are both still here. There were only a couple of changes in the zone. But last Monday we had to wait in the bus station ALL day for the now missionaries. I got my forehead nice and pink. When we left our house it was cloudy and rainy, but getting into Otavalo it was nice and sunny! haha. Oh well. Today we went to a nice grass soccer field where we did a cleaning service project last week. We played some basketball, threw a couple of footballs around and then played an intense game of kickball! It was a blast. It made me miss football alot just tossing the ball around to each other. I think that when I go to BYUI when I'm back home, I will have to play there. That only have like the little league within the student there, but I would love to play again.
This week here in Cotacachi I met a couple that has a house here, they are originally from London, but the most of their life they have lived in Vancuver! And to be honest I cant really spell in English anymore so Dad if I spelt that wrong sorry. But it was pretty neat getting to talk to them. I meet gringos about every day here that are either vacationing or have condos here in Otavalo and Cotacachi. Just today I met a member that is from Mexico, lives in Roy Utah, but is vacationing here for another month or so. Small world!
I'm enjoying my sector alot. I'm getting used to the hills and rocky roads. A couple of Sundays ago for lunch we had something called Librillo. Jared may have heard of it, but I'm going to explain anyways. Well to be honest its really easy to explain. They take raw cow intestines, cut it into little bite size pieces, then put it with some type of sauce, the preference of the cook, then eat it! RAW!! Yup, I'm just going to say, to this day I have not denied a lunch from any member, sadly. It was very, very, very odd. I'm not sure if anyone back home has tried tire tube, but I would imagine that its somewhat similar. Other than that I haven't really eaten anythin weird yet. Alot of potatoes, rice, and peas. Its alot like the food when I was back in Tulcán. The people are great here. All of the members ask me if I'm from Utah. Then I usually get after them and proudly tell them I'm from Idaho! The land of the GREAT potatoes! haha. They always laugh at me. This week I got a package from home. Shoes from dad and Jeanne! WAHOOO!!! I was worried that they might not get here, or maybe just be the wrong size, but they fit me perfect. They will be GREAT trackting shoes for me. I'm actually way excited about them, that and the 3 pairs of new socks that came too. Sorry Jared and Krysten, your package hasn't showed up yet. It could have just gotten lost with the X-mas rush and all, that happened to package I got for x-mas last year, it showed up in mid February with a stamp that said it got lost in El Salvador for a couple of weeks, but it got to me! So theres still hope. Mary thanks for the pictures of little Caleb this week, Cute little guy, just too bad Laura got ahold of those scissors. Don't worry, his hair´ll grow back somewhat normal I imagine. ahah, just kiddin Lou. It looks good. He is a handsome little boy.
Well I hope you all have a great week this week. Love you all and thank you for all of your love and support!
Elder Matthew Morris
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment