Hey Family!
This week was a fun week for us. We had a lot of real memorable experiences. We are having some troubles with a couple of the companionships here in the zone, so my companion and I were in other sectors on divisions about the whole week. The one night that we were here in the sector we had some real close encounters with some vicious dogs! No worries though, no bites. At one of the houses, two dogs came out at us running and barking. My comp. finally had enough of the dogs chasing us on the street so he picked up the biggest rock he could find, about the size of a softball. Then we just underarm threw it (because of its size and weight) in the direction of the dogs. It had a slight encounter with one of the dogs, don't worry no animal was harmed, and then the dogs ran back to the house whimpering and yelping. So as we chuckled about our victory over the dogs, we heard someone come out of the house yelling ¨whats going on out there!¨. So us and our quick instincts, just ran into the dark bushes and hid! It really reminded me of the good old days in high school and pulling pranks. So we got outta there and had a good laugh about it.
This week has been a week that has really helped me out on remembering the sacredness of my mission calling. I had a few really spiritual experiences with some more or less troublesome missionaries. I had a lot of great reminders of the power of the priesthood. I just love being a missionary. I cant compare this time to any other in my life. Thank you all for the letters and packages that you have sent. I'm living like a king, a king that loves Reese's, jerky, and ´Idahoan´instant potatoes!
Elder Matthew David Morris
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment