Hey everyone!
I hope all is well back home. Sounds like the Morris family reunion went well. I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure everyone was glad to¨"sit and look at each other". That's always fun. No really though, I was sad to hear that I missed the Family Reunion, I have always enjoyed them, always great food, and lots of it! This week was a great week for us here. We had some great experiences with new investigators. We had stake conference here this week, 1 investigator came saturday night to the priesthood session, after that there was a baptism, the spirit was strong, he asked us what he has to do to get baptised! He also came with us sunday and loved it as well. His name is Cristian Orosco, he is 24, single and studying in college to be an engineer. He is very intelligent, and loves learning about the gospel. The other neat story is about Franklin, he is about 30 years old, single, from the coast. He lives about a block away from us. He lives with some cousins and friends. A few months ago the Missionaries were visiting the family, but never were able to teach him. Well, the family never progressed and so the stopped visiting. Saturday afternoon as we were going to lunch, Hector, Franklin´s cousin, saw us and told us to come to the house and visit them, we didn't have a set lunch appointment, so we entered the house to visit with them. During the lesson Franklin came out and asked who we were, so we presented ourselves as missionaries and representatives of the Church of Jesus Christ. We asked if he had ever listened to our message an he shrugged and responded no. Then we asked if maybe he had noticed some of the pamphlets or the Book of Mormon that the last missionaries had left there. His eyes got REALLY big, and he ran into his room, then came back with the Book of Mormon in his hands. We asked if he had read it and excitedly said yes. He for the past few weeks has been reading through the whole book. He sat down with us and with tears in his eyes he said, "i don't know who made this book, or where it came from, but i know that its true. everything this book says is true!" as you can imagine we just sat in shock. We didn't know what to say. We asked, well what have you read?, and he began to flip through the pages, Mosiah 5, Alma 32, and a number of other chapters. Sunday morning he with his brother and sister came to church with us, only some 16 hours after having met. He loved church, after the conference he also told us, "I want to get baptised in the Mormon church". I know that I am basically nothing in this work, only an instrument in the Lord´s hands. The Book of Mormon is true and has the power and the spirit to touch anyone´s life, if they read it as Moroni asked us to, with real intent and an honest heart.
I know that our Father in Haven is mindful of our needs. Lately I have been feeling pretty down, due to the fact that I'm nearing my mission and the sector that I got to here, well to say, it wasn't in the best of shape as far as having people to teach. Well, I know that when we press forward with faith, despite the difficulties, Heavenly Father will put everything in its proper place, and all will work out for our benefit.
I hope that you all have a great week! Happy birthday Mom and Mary! I will be thinking of you both lots this week! Love you all
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment