This week was a good week for us here. We had a few meetings in downtown Quito, but all turned out well. We just got back to our sector. Today we went to the Stake Center and played soccer again. This week I actually was able to help out my team. I made 2 goals in fact. One I headbutted in, ya I was pretty proud of myself, and the other I kicked in over the goalies head, and not just that, but I kicked it with my left foot. Impressive I know, I'm Ecuadorian at heart. I do miss good old football though. I will be eager to attend dome high school games this fall.
It has been a really hot and sunny week for us. This sector in unique in the mission. It must be for the fact that we are at a high elevation and right on the ecuatorial line, because it is an absolute desert here. There is no other sector in this mission as dry and hot as this one. There isn't even any vegetation in this sector. Im slowly getting used to it, but surely feel out of my comfort zone. It will be a very interesting climate change going from here to home, right as winter is starting.
This next monday will surely be a memorable preparation day for me. A family in Otavalo that my companion and I contacted in the street in June, is getting baptised. We were able to teach them and prepare them while I was still there. Well, they accepted a baptismal date, and have asked that I attend the baptism. So I got special permission from President Sloan to spend next monday there in Otavalo to be able to preform the baptisms and visit some families. I am very excited, if you cant tell I miss Otavalo about as much as I miss Idaho. It just felt like home to me there. The family that is getting baptized is a family of 6, Diego, the dad, Iralda the mom, then the kids, EstefanÃa 11years old, Diego jr. 9 years old, Shayla 7 years old, and Cristofer 1 year and 4 months old. They are such a great family, ever since the first visit they surprised me with their comment, questions and how readily they accepted our message. Because of that family, I gained a better testimony of the fact that the Lord prepares people to receive this gospel and to make the necessary changes in their lives to live the gospel.
Thank you all for your letters. I love you all so very much and I love to hear from you and to get all of the pictures. I hope you all have a great week this week.
Elder Matthew Morris
Here's a picture from the leadership meeting last week. The old district from the MTC, Elder Taylor and I, Elder Stieber and Elder Robinson. I hope you enjoy.
Elder Morris
No comments:
Post a Comment