Hey Everyone!
I hope everyone is doing well back home! I than you all for the letters and the pictures. Idaho is SUCH a beautiful place, sorry Mary, Rachel, and Laura, I cant really share the same words about Utah and California. haha. Well, fall is near the trees will start to change colors, and before you know it, I'm home! Pretty odd to think, I left in 2008 when the trees started changing colors. I'm sure things have changed a lot back home. It will be a big change of culture and everything for me. Dad wrote me this week and let me know that the bishopric already assigned me a Sunday to talk in church, only 3 days after I get home! I dont know what they were thinking. I don´t think I will be used to speaking in English yet, even worse talking about the gospel in English, Spanish church grammar is the only one I know now! Its only a handful of weeks away. He also mentioned that Rachel will be up to visit when I get home. I got a very special feeling in my heart when I heard that. It has been some years now since all of us kids have been together at once. It will be good to all be together. I thank my Heavenly Father every night for the wonderful family I was given. From the amazing grandparents, all the way down to all the little nieces and nephews that are running around now! I love my Family! Even the great cousins I have, UNITED!
Well this week we had transfers in the mission. I'm still in the same sector, my new companion is Elder Zambrano, from Guyaquil Ecuador. We have been buds ever since I was back in Esmeraldas last year. I always hoped to be his companion, I think we will have a lot of fun here in the sector before I go home. All of the missionaries here keep asking me if I'm "tronky" yet. Well to tell the truth, I feel like its time ya to head home and see the family, but its going to hurt a lot to leave the mission. This week I had a dream that I was in my last interview with President Sloan, only days away from going home, and he asked me if I had any last requests. I instantly told him, "let me stay2 more months!", well he got a big smile on his face and pulled out his phone to call you all to let you know I wasn't going home yet. Well, all I remember is that everyone back home was a bit upset with me not wanting to come home. ha ha. No worries, I have already asked about extending more time, but I'm already going to be near to hitting 25 months here, and that's the max. So sadly President cant extend me longer time even if he wanted to. I'm very happy to everyone again. I miss the snow a lot. Before coming here I was told the Ecuador has 2 seasons, spring and summer, well I have come to realize, that's not true. We here in Ecuador have hot, and hotter. Those are the two seasons. There isn't much difference in the two, was is really sunny, and the latter is a bit sunnier.
Love you all, I hope you all have a great week this week! Happy Birthday little Hadley! 1 year!!!!! Love you all, hope to hear from you next week.
Elder Matthew Morris
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment