Elder Morris' Homecoming Report

Sunday - Oct 24, 2010 at 11 AM
Henry's Fork Stake Center
1508 West 3000 North
Rexburg, Idaho

Refreshments will be served at the home of Daniel & Jeanne Morris at 2:30 PM.
Come welcome home Elder Morris!
3236 North 3000 West
Rexburg, ID

Monday, August 16, 2010

Hey everyone!
Yesterday was a great day here in Pomasqui. We have had a pretty rough week here in the sector, but yesterday was a good day. We were able to find a few new people to teach. People who were needing us. Its pretty sad sometimes when we find new people and we see their living conditions, and even more, when we see how they are spiritually. There are so many people here that are lost, the feel that they have no purpose in this life. But it is a great feeling to be able to answer all of their questions and doubts. Many times people have so many questions about life, about religion, that they haven´t ever been able to answer, then we come along and show them all of the answers. Its such a great blessing to have this gospel in our lives. The world is running off the tracks, there are so many bad things happening, so much evil and wickedness, but as Elder Holland taught is his talk from conference Oct. 2009, we have the Book of Mormon and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, which is "Security for the Soul". I know that the Lord can respond our prayers through the scriptures, and we can find what we are looking for. I have been able to personally experience it, and I know that it is true.
I have such mixed feelings in this position I am in now. I miss you all so much, especially Magnum, and I am excited to meet the new generation of twerps in the family, but it is going to be so sad for me to leave this place. I don't know how it will be to not have rules on studying the scriptures minimum of 1 hour a day. The real world isn´t going to give me time for that, it isn´t going to give me much time for anything! I love being here,and I love the people here. I hope and pray that Bishop Klingler has a calling ready for me when I get home. I love this gospel so much. I feel sad for having lost so much time in High School in things that weren´t of worth to me. Sorry Jared and Zach, I was just stubborn, I should have listened to you a bit more. I do know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ. I know it. I love "la obra misional", there is nothing so heart wrenching, yet so satisfying as that of helping someone out, helping families stay together, seeing someones progress and transformation to a new person, a new way of life. Sadly the family I taught in Otavalo that was to get baptised today, couldn´t get work off today, so they got baptised Saturday evening instead. I was not able to be there, but I called by phone and was able to speak a couple of minutes with them. There are no words that describe the feelings when a family like them, that was on the verge of divorce, having four young kids, now is on a new track, making plans already to go to the Temple to be sealed for time and all eternity. And all because one day my companion and I decided to say a prayer in the street and knock on there door. They accepted a return visit, but it wasn´t until the 5th return visit that they let us in to share with them our message that we promised would bless them. I love this gospel. I know that families can be together forever. I know without any doubt that the Book of Mormon is true, and my testimony of it cannot be broken down, by that same testimony, I know that we have the Priesthood on the earth, that we have a living Prophet of our Loving Father in Heaven.
I miss you all, but at times I think it would be better if I just missed my plane home to stay just for that much longer. haha. Thank you all for your letters, and I hope that everyone is doing well.
Elder Matthew Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment